Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 20th, 2010, 2:45 pm
eastyleut wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to upload this picture correctly as I am obviously doing it wrong. Any help is appeciated.
I've never uploaded anything to Photobucket, but apparently it automatically compresses files to specific size parameters unless you tell it to do otherwise. If that is the case, when uploading you need to check for settings related to compressing the image size and/or file size, and make sure they're set so that the file isn't compressed during upload. klagldsf's advice above seems sound.

This ship design looks pretty neat. I have to say that that shade of grey is a bit of a turn-off though. I think it would look far better in a more standard Shipbucket grey.
I would also change the class name. Ships are usually named for the first of their class (as you are probably already aware), and the RN already has dibs on HMS Defender. Maybe dub it the Coates class.
I'm also not clear on what the preferred placement of the Roo might be. The Hobart class models put it on the base of the mast/SPY radar housing (not sure what the technical term for that part of the ship is). It looks pretty good at that location, rather than on one of the funnels - at least to my eyes it does.

What are the specs of this class? Also, is this designed as an alternative to the Hobart class, or an additional ship class to complement it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 20th, 2010, 8:46 pm
eastyleut wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to upload this picture correctly as I am obviously doing it wrong. Any help is appeciated.
Answer is here
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: