Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
eastyleut
Post subject: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 7:51 am
This design was in another area but now in the right area as requested. I have made some changes as per the feedback I was getting.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 8:28 am
Not a bad start; but you're still not uploading correctly - hence the lack of calrity. Also, why the weird colours? These do not represent what the RAN would use.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 9:01 am
RAN Colours
Actually the RAN Gray is when seen next to any "Normal" gray ship is quite green, BS381 Storm Gray is it offical title but you cant pick it when you see a ship by its self only when you see them next to another ship, here is one next to a classic gray NZ meko

[ img ]

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 10:47 am
Point taken; but eastyleut is way overboard, even by RAN standards; and the point I should have made is that it is non-standard Shipbucket; and as long as anyone posts in other than the 'Non Shipbucket' section we expect them to conform to those standards. the short answer is - read the guidelines first.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 11:50 am
graham wrote:
RAN Colours
Actually the RAN Gray is when seen next to any "Normal" gray ship is quite green, BS381 Storm Gray is it offical title but you cant pick it when you see a ship by its self only when you see them next to another ship, here is one next to a classic gray NZ meko

[ img ]

Graham
Shouldnt it be the same ''green/grey'' as the ships of the Marinha Portuguesa (Portuguese Navy)? they also have a slight greeny grey on theire ships.
Attachment:
F-333_bartolomeu_dias_1.jpg

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 12:02 pm
My thought go to the ambient light condition to when and where the photograph was taken. The two Anzac ships side-by-side do illustrate the diferrent colors, but as for the Portuguese ship, it depends a lot on the weather, time of day and state of sky (clear skies as opposed to cloudy or partly cloudy skies).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 15th, 2010, 5:14 pm
What you need to do is to save it as a .png (when you save it, select the "save as .PNG" option), then when you upload it to Photobucket, make sure you have the upload size selected at 1 megabyte.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 17th, 2010, 11:51 am
Yes I think that the Portuguese gray looks very close to the RAN colour it may be that uploading as a PNG does funny things and put a bit of overkill into the colour , I know it does strange things to my stuff ( or maybe that’s the second bottle “Red Ned” after tea )any way another artistes on the bucket is always to be encouraged.
Any way as I say gray paint is bit of gray area and everybody has their opinions all different, just mention that the USS Arizona, wasn’t really dark grey but “Blue” on the 7th of December on any American ship modelling web sites and sit back and watch the fireworks !
Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 17th, 2010, 5:58 pm
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16

[Profile] [Quote]
eastyleut
Post subject: Re: Australian Air Warfare DestroyerPosted: November 18th, 2010, 7:24 am
Thanks for your feedback. I am working on some modifications. Can someone please tell me how to upload this picture correctly as I am obviously doing it wrong. Any help is appeciated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: