Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Battlecruiser 1944Posted: January 31st, 2014, 2:28 pm
Yes, you have right about Vasilefs Konstantinos...this is the correct, but it might create confusion with the already existing BB Vasilefs Konstantinos (of Bretagne Class). I thing Autokrator...separates the two Konstantines!
As for the full name of Vasilefs Konstantinos IA Dragases Palaiologos ...wow that's a big name to spell hahahha!!!
( By the way this a song abt Vasilefs Konstantinos IA Dragases Palaiologos by Stamatis Spanoudakis..."Tha rtheis san astrapi"..."You will come again like a lighting" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOKG0l9DQOk ...if you know the legent about the last King )

Ofcourse there are many King's names of the Byzantium era which we can use...but the Majority of them where not Greeks...
in the other hand none of the last kings of Greece (19th & 20th Century were Greeks in blood) ...so no problem!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Greek Battlecruiser 1944Posted: January 31st, 2014, 3:40 pm
I fundamentally agree with you, my friend, though long ships' names are not wholly uncommon, as these examples will illustrate: Luigi di Savoia, Duca degli Abruzzi, Waldeck-Rousseau, Nuestra Senora del Concepcion, Henry Grace a Dieu, Konung Gustaf Adolf den Store (A Swedish SoL of 1799!)

The problem with the title Autokrator, is that the Byzantines themselves regarded is less elevated that the Imperial title of Basileus (which, of course means simply "King"), therefore, you'd commit the cardinal sin of inadvertently demoting the last Saintly Emperor of the Romans...

However, my favorite is still the Romanos Lekapenus-name...he was both a great Emperor, administrator and admiral!

[Profile] [Quote]
BCRenown
Post subject: Re: Greek Battlecruiser 1944Posted: February 3rd, 2014, 5:07 am
Navarchos,

Your battlecruiser design has loads of potential. I really like the drawing and the concept. I had some fun with modifications;

650 ft design with triple turrets fore and aft and a lower bridge:
[ img ]

660 ft design with three twin turrets:
[ img ]

Monty

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: