Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Ground Effect FACPosted: August 1st, 2010, 1:36 pm
Here's another update. Now with more pew-pew.
Attachment:
Ground Effect FAC - Improved Stealth.png
I've added radio antennas, decoys, more SSM, camo to the front view and two electro optical devices.
The two directors are Saab Ceros (Can't remember the model). They are used to direct all the weapons in RDN service, so they should be able to handle the RBS-15 (If I'm not mistaken, it was actually developed to do that) and the 57mm.
The EO devices are there to provide full 360 degrees vision even during the night or adverse weather. (Zipping along at 55knots in coastal waters is not something you want to do with you eyes closed) If it becomes necessary, they can direct the gun, freeing up the Ceros to do air defence.
Lifeboats are located aft and launches over the stern, hence why you can't see them, to minimise exposure to rocket exhaust. (The RBS-15s vents over the side.
The Radar furthest forward is a commercial x-band Nav radar.
The hull is lower than the top of the skirts, so there should be ample space down there.
The bridge is as wide as it is because I have to fit the CIC and the majority of the accommodations in there.
I can't really see the use for Unmanned Vehicles for this ship. Boat complement will probably consists of one or two inflatable dinghies stowed in the stern. Launching will be done by hand with the help of a simple removable davit.

I realize that FACs traditionally have poor air defences, but that's not always the case. The RDN weren't happy with the Willemoes class even after it had received two dual Stinger launchers, that's why they went for the SeaSparrow on the SF300 class, which is somewhat longer, but far less beamy. And it could carry eight Harpoons, six SeaSparrows, a 76mm gun and two 21" torpedoes.
Note that I only have a single mk 56 launcher mounted in the center, not two like you've drawn.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Ground Effect FACPosted: August 1st, 2010, 2:35 pm
Hmmm :| , ok
Interesting concept
:)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Ground Effect FACPosted: August 5th, 2010, 3:23 am
Looks pretty good. Any idea on the user?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: