Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:24 pm
Go for it. It's definitely not up to scratch!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:46 pm
wat

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 7:27 pm
I meant that one of you guys should redraw the Shimakaze as it's outdated and needs a revision. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 9:50 pm
I'm not an expert by any means, though I should note the Japanese in the early 30s, or so had problems with their vessels from too many guns and too much superstructure. After having a torpedo boat that they tried to cram destroyer armament on, capsize, they had to go back and lighten a number of vessels, reducing armament and other topweight. I think to adequately get that much firepower on a hull, you're going to need something like a small light cruiser, which is what the French did with the Mogador class. You might well compare your design to that.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: IJN Yubinakaze Class DestroyerPosted: August 4th, 2016, 12:54 pm
@Obsydian Shade

Yeah, that's one of the great get-out-of-jail cards with the IJN ... even if you do end up with a ship that's marginally stable, you can always turn around and say it's in character with the rest of the early IJN stuff!

Ad

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: