Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Shigure
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 19th, 2016, 7:37 pm
I'm quite surprised how they were able to put in never-built Russian ships but they couldn't put in the bloody RN? Like seriously?

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 19th, 2016, 7:46 pm
Hi Colo,

"If you're connected to the WoWS devs, can you ask them to give us the damn Alaska CBs already?! And let them know I've got a load of references for that ship and expect nothing but quality?!"

Yes it is on the plate but not for now. New nations coming onboard is top priority atm (with RN finally entering with cruisers this year!), but Alaska will come eventually. Balancing is not the primary issue with it, more like category (and same for all similar ships). There is a choice between making it a T6ish BB or a T10 cruiser - it is not an easy decision since many natios (basically all major nations who are planned for the game) designed similar ships like soviet Pr82, or japanese B65 etc. On the other hand 12" guns would be retrogade to implement it as a T6 BB on a normal BB line. While the T10 cruiser spot seems nice it has the issue of being too powerful as a cruiser with 12" guns and this would result in reduced RoF . which in turn would make them some sort of semi BB - too lightly protected to stand up vs a Yamato or Montana and to slow firing to have a decent chance vs a Des Moines or Zao. See this has to be cleared up before these ships can be implemented.

I personally would like to have them and even go a step further and have CA2-D from the Alaska class preliminaries as well.

Sorry for derailing the thread....

Edit to tristan: I'm afraid the implementation order for new ships is based on business decision (what the core of their playr base wants to see) rather than historical importance, and as much as I'm disliking this we have to admit that this is a game and has to be financially viable for the producer so that we can later on get our personal favourites as well. And worry not, the project is set to run many years into the future so we will get the RN soon and we will get to RN never-weres eventually :).

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 19th, 2016, 7:51 pm
csatahajos wrote:
Hi Colo,

"If you're connected to the WoWS devs, can you ask them to give us the damn Alaska CBs already?! And let them know I've got a load of references for that ship and expect nothing but quality?!"

Yes it is on the plate but not for now. New nations coming onboard is top priority atm (with RN finally entering with cruisers this year!), but Alaska will come eventually. Balancing is not the primary issue with it, more like category (and same for all similar ships). There is a choice between making it a T6ish BB or a T10 cruiser - it is not an easy decision since many natios (basically all major nations who are planned for the game) designed similar ships like soviet Pr82, or japanese B65 etc. On the other hand 12" guns would be retrogade to implement it as a T6 BB on a normal BB line. While the T10 cruiser spot seems nice it has the issue of being too powerful as a cruiser with 12" guns and this would result in reduced RoF . which in turn would make them some sort of semi BB - too lightly protected to stand up vs a Yamato or Montana and to slow firing to have a decent chance vs a Des Moines or Zao. See this has to be cleared up before these ships can be implemented.

I personally would like to have them and even go a step further and have CA2-D from the Alaska class preliminaries as well.

Sorry for derailing the thread....

Edit to tristan: I'm afraid the implementation order for new ships is based on business decision (what the core of their playr base wants to see) rather than historical importance, and as much as I'm disliking this we have to admit that this is a game and has to be financially viable for the producer so that we can later on get our personal favourites as well. And worry not, the project is set to run many years into the future so we will get the RN soon and we will get to RN never-weres eventually :).
Don't worry about derailing the thread ;)

It could be added as a premium ship and have a separate class of it's own. It's quite unique so it wouldn't really fit in a specific tier so I would just add it is a premium and let it take part in the high tier battles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 19th, 2016, 10:22 pm
Yeah if it's a premium ship that I can just buy outright and not have to grind all the way to that would be ideal. I got to the T6 US cruisers and lost interest in the game. I've bought every USN premium, though, and would be willing to shell out $50-60 for Alaska or Guam!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 4:49 am
Dammit everyone has so much money to just spend it on games. Most of the ships are as much as fully priced games. Thank goodness those premiums are balanced though. I've destroyed so many premium ships with the ships I've grinded up to. Btw why is grinding even a thing? Ain't nobody got time for that! Seriously!? I've always wanted to play the Fletcher but I have to grind for a few more bloody months to get to it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 6:17 am
TristanAlting wrote:
I'm quite surprised how they were able to put in never-built Russian ships but they couldn't put in the bloody RN? Like seriously?
I am discouraged by this too.
P.S. Looks Colo may now rename topic to "WoWS discussion thread" :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 1:34 pm
I don't really buy games that much these days so $30/40 here and there isn't that big a deal. I also enjoy supporting a developer that makes a good product with accurate historical ships etc, hence why I'm never hesitant to shell out for the well-made USN ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 20th, 2016, 1:43 pm
No matter how I much I love naval warfare, this game is horrible when it comes to grinding. It would've been a 10/10 for me otherwise.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 21st, 2016, 7:52 pm
My poor craptop would never handle it, but I love watching the replays on Youtube, with Jingles and the rest of the gang. I think my favorite from an aesthetic viewpoint has to be Yorck, though I wonder what design she's really based on? I wouldn't mind seeing someone on here do her, if they haven't already. Otherwise, hope they add an Italian line at some point, though that's likely far in the future, as the RN isn't even done yet.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: US Nicholas-Class DestroyerPosted: July 21st, 2016, 8:02 pm
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 92#p148392

Shazam. Must say, the Yorck was fun to play but the Hipper is so much better at being a cruiser.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 53 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: