Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm
Hi Heuhen:
I have a doubt (that stems from your introduction). Is this series of nice vessels on the Fletcher class completely fictional? And if the answer is affirmative, how do you credit it in an AU scenario? Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 7th, 2016, 11:49 pm
Quote:
I have a doubt (that stems from your introduction). Is this series of nice vessels on the Fletcher class completely fictional?
Quote:
And if the answer is affirmative, how do you credit it in an AU scenario?
- drawing posted in personal designs topic...
- text written of a real event...
- no official drawing of that vessel... where to post?

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 8th, 2016, 12:57 pm
Hi Heuhen.
Thanks! (your designs looks so real and well balanced that I did not realised that they were in the Personal Designs forum). I am building my AU in the med area very slowly, and your Oslo-Fletcher seems almost perfect for the standart DE of my Navy, so I am asking for permission ;) to use (and maybe to make sligth modifications), cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 9th, 2016, 3:27 pm
I do not see a problem with that

I have to thank for all the kind words I have received...

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 10th, 2016, 12:07 am
Hi Heuhen.
One last question. The norwegian asw rocket Terne 3 is a very sophistcated weapon, but somewhat bulky (I don t know the weigth with the reloads), do you know if there was a simplified version (with manual reload) capable of being placed in a smaller hull? Thanks.

PS: any kind word!, just saying the truth about a superb drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 10th, 2016, 3:26 pm
reytuerto wrote:
Hi Heuhen.
One last question. The norwegian asw rocket Terne 3 is a very sophistcated weapon, but somewhat bulky (I don t know the weigth with the reloads), do you know if there was a simplified version (with manual reload) capable of being placed in a smaller hull? Thanks.

PS: any kind word!, just saying the truth about a superb drawing.

Terne 3 ASW is quit an compact system, compared to many other alternative, and you get nice bang for the money and if minor problem are fixed, the system would work great, it was made to be simple and easy to use. The smallest vessel to carry it was Sleipner class corvettes, biggest was Oslo class.
[ img ]

Terne 3 ASW consist of:

- a launcher inside it's weather box, that is also a working area for maintenance.
- The launcher fire 6 depth charge rockets in a salvo. (It fire mostly only salvo. Single shoot if you try to force the submarine to change course)
- A reloader that is semi automatic, you have to assist it when doing the final reload. (Sleipner class have a single reloader while Oslo class have two reloaders)
- The reloader is similar to an revolver, it connect the magazine with the launcher.
- A sonar
- and A fire control system

Sleipner class have 6 shoot in the launcher and 6 ready in the revolver reloader.
Oslo class have the same but 12 ready shoots in it's two reloader.

I do not have exact knowledge of how Oslo class revolver-reloader work, but both revolver should be placed above each other, where one revolver, deliver to the other revolver that deliver to the launcher. This is due to the magazine on Oslo class is placed a bit deeper into the ship

Basicly Terne 3 ASW system can use a single deck under the launcher or several launcher, depending on how many depth charges and rockets you want with you.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Oslo class on a fletcher hullPosted: September 10th, 2016, 7:07 pm
Thanks for your answer!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: