Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 19 of 26  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2126 »
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 12:49 am
Well Biancini1995, if you need help with that, I would gladly help. ;)

[Profile]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 1:21 am
ook thanks!

[Profile]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 1:29 am
Your welcome.

We are beginners on this site, so it would be an interesting practice project.

I had the idea of designing a realistic H45, a battleship that is still extremely large, but more feasible,

[Profile]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 3:07 am
The H45 was (sadly) not a realistic design to begin with...the blast force of a 31.5-inch gun would be incredibly powerful, and no human could feasibly stand on the deck of a warship when something like that was firing. The IJN's Yamato-class BBs had mere 18.1-inch guns (I used the word 'mere' because let's face it...compared to H45, the Yamato's a destroyer) and the blast pressure from those guns were so great that a normal human would be knocked flat, lose consciousness, and have the clothing blown off his body. The blast pressure from H45's guns would leave a human nothing more than a bloody smear on the side of the superstructure or a pile of lumpy red goo on the deck.

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 3:12 am
The Yamato's main guns could sear the flesh of your back at over 100 feet and 15" guns could, in the right conditions, bowl a small built person over at 150ft away

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 3:50 am
emperor_andreas wrote:
The H45 was (sadly) not a realistic design to begin with...the blast force of a 31.5-inch gun would be incredibly powerful, and no human could feasibly stand on the deck of a warship when something like that was firing. The IJN's Yamato-class BBs had mere 18.1-inch guns (I used the word 'mere' because let's face it...compared to H45, the Yamato's a destroyer) and the blast pressure from those guns were so great that a normal human would be knocked flat, lose consciousness, and have the clothing blown off his body. The blast pressure from H45's guns would leave a human nothing more than a bloody smear on the side of the superstructure or a pile of lumpy red goo on the deck.

-Matt

I'm just going to repost this because it bears repeating:
TimothyC wrote:
Just something that came up on another board recently:
It's much, much better than that. Over on the Warships Project Board, the idea of an eight-Dora battleship came up and somebody worked out a rough "design" to show what would be involved in such a ship. The resulting design came out as a 700,000 tonner that the poster jokingly called the H-45. Then, a wunderwaffe author called David Porter came along, saw it and decided it was just what he needed to complete his latest book about Nazi superweapons and included it as a genuine project. Then, somebody took the information from that book and used it for a Wikipedia article. Despite people telling said person that the data was false and showing where it came from, the idiot kept re-inserting it on the grounds that nobody could prove it didn't exist.
Wee for the Wunderwaffe!

[Profile]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 3:55 am
I knew the story behind it, but still it would be interesting to have a more feasible design based on the fictional H45.

Still it wouldn't surprise me if there really were talks of such warships by Hitler himself, of course none have come to light and that is just pure speculation based on what insanity was put in some Nazi ideas.

[Profile]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 3:58 am
An idea for Lazer_one, there was talks of a 39" gun whist the Dora was under development, maybe a battle ship mounting them as well?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 5:26 am
Biancini1995 wrote:
I will creat a H45 too.
Do not use my drawing or parts.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: September 11th, 2011, 6:13 am
Lazer_one wrote:
Biancini1995 wrote:
I will creat a H45 too.
Do not use my drawing or parts.
Just to let you know, he will. He's done it before, and he's demonstrated an inability to follow rules and requests.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 19 of 26  [ 253 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2126 »

Jump to: