Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 3 of 26  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 โ€ฆ 26 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 14th, 2011, 8:05 pm
Raven wrote:
Yeah, this boat definitely qualifies as "blue sky" to say the least... makes you wonder though, given the nature of escalation back then, what the allied response would be if one of those things was actually launched...
A Model 1561 / Mk-3 Fission device is initiated right over top of the hull.

This presumes that the ship survives being launched.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 14th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Raven wrote:
Yeah, this boat definitely qualifies as "blue sky" to say the least... makes you wonder though, given the nature of escalation back then, what the allied response would be if one of those things was actually launched...

These set on a Habbakuk hull

[Profile]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 14th, 2011, 11:15 pm
Iv'e actually seen one of Gustav's shells at the Imperial war museum in London :ugeek:

[Profile]
Midnightnova
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 16th, 2011, 1:43 am
Raven wrote:

P.S. these are the kind of thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools.
Patton's Response: "Drive straight to Berlin! Because after building that they can't have any steel left to build any more tanks!"

Zhukov's Response: Same as Patton's

:twisted:

PS: Yes, also saw a gustav shell at the Aberdeen Ordnance Museum. Makes me wonder what the rate of fire (hah!) for an H-45 would be. Broadsides per hour?

[Profile]
Ashley
Post subject: Kriegsmarine Project H45Posted: February 17th, 2011, 8:41 am
I have lately learned some new words at SB, one was: ridiculous. This thingi is ridiculous in my opinion, because it is not a never were at last, it's just a mad fantasy. Not impossible to build. An enormous challenge to designers and engineers but not impossible. Sure, ther ewas no use for such a monster, no existing shipyard could have built it, the costs of it would have been that astronomical, I can't even nearly calculate it. Around 600-700 ktons of steel? Make 10 to 20 large ships (H39s and Zeppelins) of conventional size from that stuff and have a useful bunch of ships with the ability to rule the battlefield. That all isn't the point. Even a Hitler can not have been that retarded not to see that. I expect you all to know and to understand that.

I don't believe H45 was really an existing idea of it's time. To me, it looks more than a hoax. What comes next? A H46, that can dive or fly? Not to forget the atomic armament and ray guns and an arwing of nazi flying saucers. Ok, I'm sorry. But that H45 is so far away from reality for being even a wet dream. The H44 was the absolute maximum, what could have been reality at that time.

We are at SB and we make drawings from existing, planned, fictional and possible ships. OK, sometimes impossible, too. So stop that useless discussion and draw that impossible, uneconomical, un-whatever waste of time. How about replacing fruitless comments with working together? I really would like to see it drawn.

And finally: keep smiling!

[Profile]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 17th, 2011, 9:36 am
... I am working on a "probable" drawing of H45.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile]
Barham
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 19th, 2011, 6:55 pm
If nothing else, if this had ever been a serious project, it would have had to wait until Hitler had knocked England out of the war: he would have needed an Atlantic port, as there's no way this thing could have gotten out of the Baltic.

SBY EDF fleet
SBY Comet Empire fleet

and then some.

[Profile]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 19th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Barham wrote:
If nothing else, if this had ever been a serious project, it would have had to wait until Hitler had knocked England out of the war: he would have needed an Atlantic port, as there's no way this thing could have gotten out of the Baltic.
That's true!
... But I am supposing to build it in Italy!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Lazer_one wrote:
Barham wrote:
That's true!
Hahaha!!!!

Barham
Post subject: Re: KriegsMarine Project H45Posted: February 19th, 2011, 8:14 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Lazer_one wrote:
Barham wrote:
That's true!
Hahaha!!!!

That's even More Dangerous! how would it get past Gibraltar?!

Oh, right, it's packing Gustav's. BLOW THE ROCK AWAY.

SBY EDF fleet
SBY Comet Empire fleet

and then some.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 3 of 26  [ 253 posts ]  Return to โ€œPersonal Designsโ€ | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 โ€ฆ 26 »

Jump to: