Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
erik_t
Post subject: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 12th, 2017, 1:19 am
I had to go digging way back in my archives to find Heuhen's desired top-down parts and I thought, hell, we've seen about a million new folks here since I drew this in late 2010. Why not share it with them?
[ img ]
full-size image

Long story short, CSGN designed around a split L/C-band phased array, backed up by SPS-48, with about 240 Mk 41 and a twin each of 8/55 MCLWG and 5/54 Mk 66. Three helos, otherwise kind of Long Beach in flavor. Substantially inferior to the TYRANNY OF DECKSPACE design, but I think much more attractive. Honestly, I think one of the better-looking large personal designs I've seen over the years, but I'm biased ;)

It's a WIP, in theory, but I can't imagine ever coming back to work on it. Too much of my understanding has changed over the years, and there's a lot I'd do differently. The elevated forward VERTEP spot is particularly grating for me, and the satcom outfit is awfully primitive for what would inevitably be a force commander. It's sort of AU Aegis rather than SPY-1, probably track-via-missile from the C-band arrays, which I don't know is necessarily a great idea.

Mods can delete if they think this is inappropriate, of course. No hard feelings on my part.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 12th, 2017, 2:19 am
Dude, always nice to see you posting threads, even if it's something from 2010. I've always really liked your AU USN stuff.

I'd be totally 100% cool with you reposting all your work in the PD subforum. The commentary alone is worth it.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 12th, 2017, 8:45 pm
EXCELLENT drawing Eric :!:

Jolly Well Done old chap :D

If possible, I'd LOVE to see more of your classical work, updated of course ;)

Kind regards,

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 12th, 2017, 9:09 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Dude, always nice to see you posting threads, even if it's something from 2010. I've always really liked your AU USN stuff.

I'd be totally 100% cool with you reposting all your work in the PD subforum. The commentary alone is worth it.
I agree. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 14th, 2017, 3:42 am
Awesome work (as always)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: July 14th, 2017, 10:06 am
I remember this, and its good to see it again. You've posted some excellent and thought-provoking AU works over the years.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
RipSteakface
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: August 30th, 2017, 11:25 pm
Oh, how I love this. :D I do sorta miss the 2x3 152"s though.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Blast from the past - CSGN-1985Posted: August 31st, 2017, 8:44 am
Damn good work :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: