Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
David Latuch
Post subject: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 14th, 2017, 10:07 am
USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot II

The basic assumption is that the terms of the Washington Naval Treaty failed to be agreed upon. As such the South Dakota-class battleships were never cancelled and in fact was followed by USS New Hampshire-class a behemoth dreadnought heavier and nearly as long as the Iowa-class, sporting a main armament of 8 eighteen inch/50 caliber guns, 24 six inch/53 caliber secondary battery and 8 five inch/25 caliber dual purpose battery.

Well, I've replaced the bridge superstrucrure with one which combines features of both the New Mexico modernization and the South Dakota. Furthermore, the USS Pennsylvania (BB-38) entered the Philadelphia Naval Yard for modernization during the period of May 2, 1929 to May 25, 1931 where her cage masts were replaced with tripod masts. This being the case, it seems likely that any new battleships constructed during this milieu would also have been completed with tripod masts similar to those found on the Pennsylvania and her sister ship Arizona. I have redrawn USS New Hampshire along that thought using tripod masts.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 14th, 2017, 11:31 pm
:shock: She's huge! Superb drawing once again

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 15th, 2017, 5:06 am
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 15th, 2017, 6:24 pm
I've been working on a German 18in battleship myself for quite a while but has only just started to come together.

Good job btw.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 16th, 2017, 8:13 am
It looks a fitting counterpart for the G3. Its not a radical design but the evolutionary approach seems to work nicely for this design.

I do wonder though if the 6in secondary turrets would follow the main turrets in style or something closer to the turrets of the Omaha and Pensacola classes?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 16th, 2017, 8:26 am
Remarkably impressing. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 16th, 2017, 8:27 am
If you look at some of the designs included in the Spring Styles book on American BBs, you will find designs from the late 1910s/early 20s with the same turret design for the 6 inch guns.

Here's two examples:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/duugo0il49vjs ... 5.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpswg9skz74ys ... 3.png?dl=0

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 21st, 2017, 6:53 pm
Looking at the crane beside C turret, the side view shows it as on the inside of the leg for the rear observation tower when on the plan view it is on the outside of the leg.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 21st, 2017, 8:06 pm
Tempest wrote: *
Looking at the crane beside C turret, the side view shows it as on the inside of the leg for the rear observation tower when on the plan view it is on the outside of the leg.
Good catch . . . I'm presently reworking the entire series (have also added a 1944 version with 5 inch/38s and such.

Thanks for pointing out the incnsistancy. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: USS New Hampshire (BB-55) Reboot IIPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 8:06 am
Thanks for those examples Karle94, I wasn't aware of those before.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: