Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
heuhen
Post subject: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 15th, 2017, 9:41 pm
I do not draw so much anymore, but sometimes I put together something from my scrap folder!!

Originaly it started as an 80 meter corvette, then I got some ideas and some other random "stupid" ideas happend, and suddenly I had drawn:
- a 90+ meter corvette
- with a large flex deck on port side, instead of an hangar.
- simple VLS on starboard with only ESSM perhaps more
- 56 mm gun on forward deck (it was more appropriate), I started the drawing with a 35 mm gun, then 40 mm and tested it with a 76 mm... but the 56 mm feel more ...correct.
- haven't drawn torpedo tubes, but they are on flex deck... i I do not put them under Heli-deck
- NSM.... not port hatch for the NSM is in wrong placement...
- fordeck, sheep guided rocket launcher ....oooor decoy

[ img ]

just come with ideas and at some point I will do changes to the drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 16th, 2017, 8:10 am
I like the design very much, it looks good and it seems a practical layout too. Its seems a reasonably well armed corvette and nicely balanced in terms of systems and weapons and should be flexible but not overly expensive.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
superboy
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 17th, 2017, 6:05 am
i think today a hull-mounted sonar is not enough for ASW mission. many new corvette design have only a mine avoidance sonar, and many new frigate have a towed array sonar + torpedo. Thales CAPTAS2 +MU90 torpedo looking good

this vessel need remote weapons system, if this ASW corvette no need NSM, or arm its at fordeck 45 degrees

personally, i think she look like OPV and need big crane + Mission Modules replace ESSM :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 17th, 2017, 4:51 pm
I went for no full Flex/mission module capability. But of course you can go 100% flex on everything.. like the Danes do.

I keep the inbuilt NSM, due to the facility in the structure are already designed for that, so I do not see the point of spending money on make various variation of the vessel where the NSM is placed in various places.

Note: vessel-version with a Hangar have an lifted roof compared to standard version.

Variations:
[ img ]

[ img ]

SMART-S Mk 2 might be to ... yeah. want to replace it with something lighter.
[ img ]

I hope I didn't miss anything. And oh I forgot to replace STIR 180 with something smaller, like STIR 1.2 EO

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 18th, 2017, 2:09 pm
This would seem like an ideal application of an integrated system like NS100, although from what I've seen Thales is being pretty cagey about the abovedecks mast - merely saying (in effect) "less than Smart-S Mk 2".

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 18th, 2017, 2:22 pm
NS100 can be a good solution, have to test that out.

Is it possible for me to remove some of the guidance channel, and use something else, something more integrated

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 18th, 2017, 2:45 pm
Depends on what you're trying to achieve. As I understand it, NS100 offers surface gunfire support and midcourse guidance updates for active SAMs. Maybe go active-ESSM only and ship a single LIROD or Ceros 200 for 57mm GFCS. Then all you'd need is ESM, ECM, and whatever satcom and radio you think are necessary. And some commercial navigation set, I suppose.

I think the passive-only bow sonar is a very strange choice, without precedent as far as I know. If nothing else, mine avoidance and bottomed-target classification would suggest a small active array.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm
I am trying achieving something that can be looked at as an stepping stone before an frigate or something that can be the middle ground between large and smaller vessel. Basically a frigate that aren't a frigate. Something that can take a role of an frigate but on a smaller scale.

Basically Absolon scaled down, but with either modifications or build as. Vessels with various capability, some is ASW while other are SAFE, etc.

I can go for towed sonar on all version... The we end up with a multirole vessel, I do not have problem with that. Mission creep!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tobius
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 19th, 2017, 6:19 am
Try to use off platform drone sensors for your "mission creep". That way you can keep the hull honest, as now, and still enhance capacities.^1

^1 I may not be able to draw them, but I know how they are supposed to work. Missiles are platform restricted to their launch origin's sensors (usually; nature of light and guidance logics), but ASW can configure to self propelled or towed sonar off platform, requiring on the listening ship only a receive path to organize the signal.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Ships from AU-workPosted: September 22nd, 2017, 8:06 pm
Did some minor changes to the layout on the corvette, and some adjustment on it's equipment list:

- lifted the superstructure a little to give space for an helicopter on the flex deck (the Flex deck would not be a fully helicopter hangar, just hangar with the basic, due to it's a flex deck)
- towed sonar (active), this deck is covering all the space under the helicopter deck, that deck can be used as an flex deck, it's also possible to use it as an deck for boats, by using davits cranes.
- Changed to Artisan 3D radar (have never used it before)
- Changed to STIR 1.2 EO

[ img ]

A more enclosed version:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: