Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
tempzeta
Post subject: Re: CG-45 Avalon-class CruiserPosted: August 28th, 2018, 9:11 pm
21kamando wrote: *
snip
Too tall-try shaving off a deck
Ditch the lower level of the superstructure (have the rear arm launch missile system on the main deck), make the landing pad level with the forward missile platform
Maybe eliminate the top deck of the bit between the forward and aft superstructure, have a single continuous surface...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
21kamando
Post subject: Re: CG-45 Avalon-class CruiserPosted: September 8th, 2018, 2:42 am
tempzeta wrote: *
snip
Too tall-try shaving off a deck
Ditch the lower level of the superstructure (have the rear arm launch missile system on the main deck), make the landing pad level with the forward missile platform
Maybe eliminate the top deck of the bit between the forward and aft superstructure, have a single continuous surface...
[ img ]
(Whoops, talk about getting side tracked :lol: )

I see what you mean; nearly a year after starting this thing I agree that the superstructure needs to be modified. Especially the back part of the front super structure. I'll have to play around with it. Anyways, figure i might as well show you guys where I left it.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
21kamando
Post subject: Re: CG-45 Avalon-class CruiserPosted: September 8th, 2018, 3:46 am
tempzeta wrote: *
snip
So played around with it for a little bit and I got to say I like it. Here's what I did in a minutes, I will have to redo some of the angles but I should be able to not only cut out two decks but I should be able to shorten the length a bit.

[ img ]

two questions for you guys: first, anyone have any advice for drawing the hull numbers? I've been playing around with it for a bit and I can't get a way like it. Second, what are your guys' thoughts on the exhaust stacks? I had planned on the ships to be nuclear powered with back up turbines for power if needed. You think I could ditch one stack and free up some more space on the superstructure?

Anyways, this project has dragged on much longer than i had planned but I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me, thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
21kamando
Post subject: Re: CG-45 Avalon-class CruiserPosted: September 9th, 2018, 5:59 am
So I went a little nuts today trying to fix the superstructure today and I ended up going with the nuclear option and just wiped out everything above the main deck. I then went back to basics and using a combination of pictures (try three windows each with 20+ images) and a few shipbucket creations started a massive redesign of of the stern up to the hanger. Despite being nothing really more than a god-awful kit bash at this point I am really liking what is starting to take shape. So far the new layout not only is it even shorter than tempzeta's version, but also managed to cut off some of the length which should reign back in the length. Anyways, I'll leave you guys a look at my WIP.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: