Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Armoured man
Post subject: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 1:35 am
Hey guys, so this is just outline of my Treaty battleships for my AU, I'm still working on the Main Armament i don't know if i it should give her 16 inch or 12 inch guns, what what do you guys think.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 6:28 am
Depends on which treaty we're talking about(Washington or London) and the time of the design, I'd say, but I doubt they would go with 12" artillery on a battleship unless it was intended to be more a cruiser killer than a capital ship for the line of battle. Of the two, I would vote for the 16", but otherwise, maybe consider going with 15" or 14".

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 8:34 am
thanks i think the 16 inch guns are a better choice then the 12 inch guns.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 9:57 am
I would suggest making it longer, the turrets are huge and look like triples.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 10:19 am
i'm trying to keep her a similar Length to the nelson class and the turrets are twins turrets, and triples turrets would add too much weight.
and would Break the Displacement limit of the washington naval treaty.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Well, in general, triples even reduce weight.
I mean, 8 guns in 4 twin turrets weight much more than 9 guns in 3 triples. So if you want to keep the threaty limit I'd suggest you to use triple turrets.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 29th, 2017, 8:57 pm
thanks but i think keep the twins turrets like the Colorado class, is a Displacement of 33,666 tons to light for her or or should she be heavier.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 30th, 2017, 12:43 am
The bow looks kinda short to me for some reason...guess I'm just used to battleships with long, sweeping lines or something. :lol: Still, nice work thus far!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 30th, 2017, 11:57 am
thanks i was mostly inspired by the 29,200 Tons Minimum Battleship Design drawn by Hood.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: the Kantai navys Treaty battleships.Posted: September 30th, 2017, 3:58 pm
I suggest you to use the SpringSharp to calculate displacement and other interesting things.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: