Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 16  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 14th, 2018, 8:52 pm
You have a stray red centerline on the top view ;)

Very nice drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm
Great work guys - only a few more hours to go until we hit our deadline and judging begins. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 15th, 2018, 12:00 am
The challenge is now closed for all entries! We will begin the judging process and post the results within 3 days. Thanks to all who have participated.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 16th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Thanks for the fine work, everybody. Scoring these was a real challenge.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 18th, 2018, 10:05 pm
Results are in -- between the three judging categories, across 3 judges total, there were a total of 90 available points for each posted work. Thanks to Erik_T, Shigure, and TimothyC for judging!

Congratulations to BB1987 as this contest's winner with 86 points total!

Here are the rankings by score:

[ img ]

For full commentary on each design, as well as score breakdown by judge, please see the Google sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =344810319

---

Stay tuned for the next challenge!

[Profile] [Quote]
whitey_nl
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 18th, 2018, 10:22 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Results are in -- between the three judging categories, across 3 judges total, there were a total of 90 available points for each posted work. Thanks to Erik_T, Shigure, and TimothyC for judging!

Congratulations to BB1987 as this contest's winner with 86 points total!

---

Stay tuned for the next challenge!
Congrats BB1987! :mrgreen:

I've been waiting so (im)patiently for the scores to be released. Thanks to the judges for the scoring and the feedback. Cannot wait for the next challenge!

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 19th, 2018, 12:23 am
I would like to make a few statements about this challenge:
  • There were 26 entries over the 45 days the challenge was open, and I am glad for each and every one of them (entries).
  • As is noted in comments by both Erik and myself, even the lowest scoring drawings would have been fine additions in the 2008-2010 time frame. This is simply an indication of how Shipbucket has evolved as an art form over the last decade.
  • Unlike challenges from long ago (NATO ASW and Tartar DEG come to mind) we didn't have anyone try and fit the combat systems from a 10k ton cruiser on a 5k ton hull. Kudos to everyone for that.
  • Those designs that scored 78 and above were, in my opinion, all excellent and picking between them was, to a certain degree, an matter of opinion, and not something that is easy to quantify.
  • Full Destroyers and Cruiser-Destroyers can be a lot of fun, but I'd like to give a shout-out to Superboy, Charguizard, Gollevainen, & whitey_nl for doing something smaller. It's not easy when you limit yourself, and all four entries were top notch.
  • Novice and Muscatatuck produced what were the most interesting and unique designs in the challenge, and I think that should be noted as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 19th, 2018, 5:55 am
Congrats to BB1987

I didn't except anything, since I just pulled something from my archive, points on the drawing have been noted for future projects!

I was hoping there was an drawing that was unique, that would top the list, but making there own variant of something that was build, does also help 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 19th, 2018, 7:21 am
Well done everyone!

[Profile] [Quote]
Yasutomi
Post subject: Re: Early Cold War Destroyer challengePosted: September 19th, 2018, 8:35 am
Congratulations to BB1987 and the other entrants and many thanks to the judges for the feedback. Speaking of which...I wonder if I could trouble the latter with a few questions, in an effort to improve my efforts.

1. It seems I've been working to an outdated style. Portholes are now 1-3-1 rather than the old 2-4-4-2, correct? And are there any other major stylistic issues I fell foul of?

2. Shigure: you disliked my green hull...was it the concept, or the shade I used?

Sorry to be bugging you guys for more, but understanding where I'm going wrong is really useful to me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 16  [ 156 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: