Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Typhon Warship ChallengePosted: December 26th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

By unanimous decision, erik_t's TyBeach design has been chosen as your judges favorite Typhon Warship contestant!

With in combined second place... Superboy and acelanceloet!

For everyone who wishes to see the scoring and comments, here's the Google Doc sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Beaucoup congrats erik!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Typhon Warship ChallengePosted: December 27th, 2018, 2:31 am
Thanks, all! Much as one should not take a knife to a gunfight, one should be leery of going into a challenge against whoever contributed all of the primary sources ;) :D :D

I hope everybody enjoyed this challenge and learned some naval electronics principles and history, and I hope we see challenges like this in the future.

As I said on the discord channel, I've been making a few tweaks and revisions (amazing what you can accomplish over the holidays without family around!) to 'TyBeach', and I'll be posting that in a week or two.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sea Skimmer
Post subject: Re: Typhon Warship ChallengePosted: December 27th, 2018, 6:28 am
...why am I not surprised modding Long Beach won. Of course Long Beach wins. Future competitions should only allow Long Beach with Jupiter missiles.
erik_t wrote: *
Wow, there's a blast from the past! Haven't seen you around these parts recently.
Been busy studying stuff largely not from the 20th/21st century the last few years, and my old account became non password recoverable for some reason, and I forgot I made a new one a while back. But I was informed of this competition via a certain fireproof liner conversion proposal and figured I'd come take a look at all the results.

I sure love Typhon though. Even the small version consumes about as much electrical power as the Perry generates in total, just for the transmitter.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Typhon Warship ChallengePosted: December 30th, 2018, 10:54 am
It was an interesting challenge and produced a number of great works.
Congratulations to the winner (and to all contestants). :)
Erik_t's design was - given Erik's expertise on the particular matter - a sure winner, but I have to say that I really liked Timothy's design, simply for being so crazy. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Typhon Warship ChallengePosted: January 2nd, 2019, 1:29 am
eswube wrote: *
Erik_t's design was - given Erik's expertise on the particular matter - a sure winner, but I have to say that I really liked Timothy's design, simply for being so crazy. ;)
Thank you eswube. I really did try and take refuge in just being crazy, and to be fair, I would probably need to draw at least two more iterations of the concept to come up with something I am truly happy with (for example, the superstructure is too far forward, and probably too large, I could probably get a pair of Mk 13s (that got dropped when Sea Mauler became the secondary SAM), and other changes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: