Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13123 »
Sheriff
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 27th, 2010, 2:09 am
Emperor Andreas,

Its not that hard to make an aircraft in the Shipbucket style. Here is my method:
1) Find a suitable side-view line drawing of the aircraft (as well as photos)
2) Change the size of the line drawing so that the length of the aircraft in the drawing equals the Shipbucket standard of 1 pixel = 6 inches (15 cm)
3) Copy the resulting scaled drawing into MS Paint.
4) Using separate colours, mark out the black outlines, panel lines, windows (etc). I use bright colours for ease of distinction.
5) Erase all surplus material from the drawing.
6) Colour the aircraft using proper shading for the lower areas of the aircraft, panel lines, and windows.
7) Admire my work
8) Remind myself of how awesome I am.

So the response to your request is: give it a try yourself and post the results. As to finding source images, the answer (once again) is DIY. For my aircraft I generally find that Google Images is sufficient.

I might produce a step by step guide for this, taking an aircraft from start to finish - when I think of an aircraft I want to do.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheriff
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 27th, 2010, 2:11 am
Just thought of one - the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 27th, 2010, 7:19 am
Will be waiting to see that guide Sheriff.
The method you just described, can be used to draw the ships also (that's what I do anyway, generlly speaking that is).
I also made some aircrft like that.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Well drawing an aircraft can be that easy but at this scale its knowing what details to leave in and what to remove without making the drawing too crowded or sparse. This is worse with older piston types (exhaust stubs etc) and biplanes etc. Some folks have a natural talent for that. Anyway give it a go and see what happens! Without trying you don't learn.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 27th, 2010, 10:31 am
Hood wrote:
Well drawing an aircraft can be that easy but at this scale its knowing what details to leave in and what to remove without making the drawing too crowded or sparse. This is worse with older piston types (exhaust stubs etc) and biplanes etc. Some folks have a natural talent for that. Anyway give it a go and see what happens! Without trying you don't learn.
indeed. especially small craft and helicopters are very hard to do........ (bloody dutch parts sheet :D) the large beriev belongs with my best work, but some of those small props I ma working on............. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Stormwalker
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 28th, 2010, 9:30 pm
Hey guys, anyone have draw a SU47 Berkut ?? I look in the forum (old and new), but didn´t find it ...

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 28th, 2010, 9:41 pm
Stormwalker wrote:
Hey guys, anyone have draw a SU47 Berkut ?? I look in the forum (old and new), but didn´t find it ...
Deja vu :o
Seems we had this discussion
Quote:
BlueEagle1 Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:54 am
Has anyone ever drawn the Su-47?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 29th, 2010, 11:15 am
Speaking of which, I've just done a another Westland Wasp, as I wasn't happy with the older ones: I'll post it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Sheriff
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 29th, 2010, 11:51 am
Here, as promised is my Planebucket Guide.

[ img ]
First, you need a suitable source picture. It should be a detailed line drawing, preferably a PNG. This file serves two purposes. Firstly, it is reduced to proper size as a drawing template. Second, it serves as a guide for detailed drawing. I cropped the image so that the nose and tail of the aircraft are at the edges of the image.

[ img ]
I operate a personal Wikia site. I uploaded the previous photo, then had my wiki display it in the required size (2 pixels = 1 foot). I then saved the file in that size.

[ img ]
For ease of drawing, I placed this file into a larger background. At this stage, I trace over the aircraft's lines using bright colours to distinguish windows, panel lines, and external lines.

[ img ]
Here is the final product of that process. I also cleaned it so that the image is white with the colours I have used. Using such bright, high contrast colours aids drawing.

[ img ]
Here is the finished product. It is now ready to be repainted into the colours of any user. The first colours I will use are those of the Royal Air Force ... but that will have to wait for the next part.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: November 29th, 2010, 12:09 pm
This is good guideline.

Thougth I think the most proplematic part in planes has always been the scaling...it comes expecially tricky when using MS paint that really is crappy program for that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 13123 »

Jump to: