Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Pegasus
Post subject: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 4:25 am
My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

I'm currently playing Airline Mogul and I want to draw my planes' liveries, but I'm limited in my capabilities and most of the airliner templates out there require Photoshop or another similar program, while I can barely use GIMP.

I've noticed several posts on here which have airliners in them and I found this on DeviantArt, but I was wondering if there were line drawings on a larger scale. Can someone help me out? If there aren't bigger ones, does anyone have a full set of Boeing drawings I can use?

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 5:22 am
Have you tried the wings palette?

[Profile] [Quote]
Pegasus
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 5:30 am
Unfortunately, those aren't what I'm looking for, as their images aren't easily modifiable. I'm looking for a simple black and white design that I can start designing with.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 9:36 am
I have edited many Boeing planes for Your same reason, they are blank so You can paint as You prefer, ask me the one you want and i post it here.

PS they are in both side view (port side and starboard side) for the differences as the position of the cargo doors... ;-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Pegasus
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 9:38 am
I'll take whatever you've got, please.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 10:44 am
I hope that will be enough for now, if you search properly in the Planebucket there are also the Airbus planes done very very well!!!!

Here is my little fleet with some edits (I tried to draw them as closer as possible to real ones) and many are only repainted in a lighter color.

;)

GO TO SEE AT PAGE 3!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on May 24th, 2011, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 11:01 am
Here is a little example about what is possible to do, this is the big of my SimState Airline the Caribbean Air System.

They are the 3 of 4 version of 737-700 in my fleet:

- 737-700 BBJ

[ img ]

- 737-700 and 737-700 ER

[ img ]

-737-700 F

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 2:29 pm
Very nice, but I'm not sure why the upside down view? I haven't seen this before.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 2:40 pm
The upside down is the formal on JuniorGeneral.com draws, is made for show both side of the "subject"... For example the 737-700F have the main cargo door on the left side that is not possible to see in the SB standard view.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Looking for good line drawings of airlinersPosted: May 22nd, 2011, 5:31 pm
Quote:
The upside down is the formal on JuniorGeneral.com draws, is made for show both side of the "subject"... For example the 737-700F have the main cargo door on the left side that is not possible to see in the SB standard view.
Right, I see that now. However, this not being JuniorGeneral the custom is to show the other side underneath, facing aft, which would also seem less taxing on the optic nerves ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: