Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 12  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 512 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 1:06 am
The only one that looks anything like that drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 3:18 pm
and it is that one, the one on the yamato (capped one) and the kongo classes

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Yeah, that's what I thought...
They don't look right, you know? Drawn well but not close enough. In case you wanna argue, please PM me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 6:59 pm
[ img ]

Here's my version of the 127mm/L40 Type89 AA with the enclosed mount, as there were four of these on the Kaiyo, which I'm currently working on. I've got a bit more detail work to do, but I think it's about 90% ATM. Kaiyo also appeared to have had one enclosed 25mm triple, which I will be trying.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 7:44 pm
alvama made them back then, you should ask him..... the one for the kongo seem to be more or less accurate.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 8:52 pm
It are updated ones of the ones draw a long while back before my time on Shipbucket. And easy to only comment what's wrong. Where the fuck where you guys years ago. I was the ONLY one whish wanted to draw stuff whit a challege or less parts. Fuck shipbucket and it's holy world, serieusly. I simple don't have acces to uber refs you guys seems to you. It's so funny to see how large you guys egos are. Even it have not to do with drawing. LOL.

[Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 25th, 2011, 10:45 pm
I LOL to ALVAMA, I draw Norwegian ships!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 26th, 2011, 1:37 am
Quote:
It are updated ones of the ones draw a long while back before my time on Shipbucket. And easy to only comment what's wrong. Where the fuck where you guys years ago. I was the ONLY one whish wanted to draw stuff whit a challege or less parts. Fuck shipbucket and it's holy world, serieusly. I simple don't have acces to uber refs you guys seems to you. It's so funny to see how large you guys egos are. Even it have not to do with drawing. LOL.
Too right, so much of this forum now seems to be dedicated to changing small details on ships that have already been drawn. When I came in and started drawing USN WWII ships, NONE of the parts had been drawn yet and I had to start from scratch -- shipbucket users now have everything laid out for them on a silver platter, yet have the worst attitudes towards other users. "You're missing a railing", "you've left out the 1" telescopic sight on this 1950s one-off gun mount", etc. Other artists not related to Shipbucket have often called recent stuff "Shipbucket LEGO" etc.

Totally off topic but needed to be said!

Anyway, great to see IJN parts getting their own sheet. IJN was another thing that I had to completely start from scratch with, with hardly any reference materials or sources to work from, and the ones I did have were sketchy and misleading at best. Kudos to WhyMe for taking care of business on this, and I hope my own bumbling works served as a good enough baseline to be improved upon!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 26th, 2011, 10:34 am
I can adjoin Coloseums feelings, its been basicly the same thing when Ive drawn the soviet folder, nothing has been served on the plate, and everything Ive needed, I've need to drawn myself. For me that has given somewhat sparse attitude to provide my own personal "templates" to use, simply becouse it really doesen't do anyone lot harm to drawn certain details themselves along with the shipdrawing progress.
The idea of the uniformality is not indeed to make out us some sort of collection of legobricks that kids can play and toy around. No, the purpose is to provide uniform looks. In the end, its more important that the thing is actually beeing drawn according to our style, not that each one of the ships contains the same crappy looking and falsely drewn thing.

Im currently in progress of renewing the soviet Navy's part sheet, but I found out that it was impossible task, since even some of my own drawings have been incorrect and badly drawn artifacts from the past. Therefore I decided to drawn everything back from the scratch. If I can put my ego and Mconrad's ghost aside and do that, others should be ready to do the same. If someone indeed drawns something again that you have formerly done, don't take it as a blown against your ego, but accept that things are going to progress.
This naturally is douple-edged sword; Don't just go doing crappy renditions out of something that is decent just becouse you want fame and glory...and be humble when others express this opinion. Don't fix something that isen't broken. Too many of your guys arguments makes me wanna just sink in face-palms becouse usually the very idea that people argue over these things is pretty phathetic. they are just pixels.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: IJN Parts SheetsPosted: December 26th, 2011, 10:52 am
Sounds like my father: "everything was better before!" but then I draw Norwegian ships, and where I almost always have to draw parts to the ships! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 12  [ 115 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 512 »

Jump to: