Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
bezobrazov
Post subject: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 4:50 am
I've decided to open this new sub-thread in order to, maybe, bring some order in the plethora of ships' boats depictions floating around at SB. Most emanate, understandably enough, from the artist's sincere attempt at catching a boat's certain feature, working from meagre sources. This has happened to me too. However, with the gradual increase in the quality of presented drawings here, I've striven to be increasingly careful and meticulous in how I draw the ship's boats. These, in my view are important enough features on a ship, which, due to their often high visibility can either spoil the drawing's overall quality or enhance it.
Furthermore, there are already a very good USN parts sheet which contains excellent ships' boats from 1935 onwards, though the early US Navy is still lacking.

Therefore, and since I have on my worklist so many Victorian- and Edwardian-era ships, and since various artists, such as Novice, Bombhead, Jabba, WhyMe etc have contributed with truly magnificent drawings of RN ships from this period or shortly post it, I want to give this modest parts sheet for general use, if it may be accepted as such:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 4:51 am
P.S. Disregard the colors! These are there only to indicate how the boats might be painted in service. In reality, if using these, always refer to sources and specific time-period!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 9:30 am
great! I love the steam-boat!

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 10:47 am
Bezo you are a legend!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 4:56 pm
Great work, and indeed it's been missing.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 21st, 2011, 5:31 pm
I forgot to tell everyone who has related items to go ahead and post them here. Eventually then I can sort them all out and make a concrete parts sheet out of it, since so many people are interested in this era. Btw, though I never said so in the rubric, please feel free to post other nations contemporary boats too, if you like!

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:27 am
Great job! I hope this inspires more Victorian era ships. "Rule, Britannia!"

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 24th, 2011, 1:02 pm
French WW2 7m lifeboats

[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Ships Boats of the RN and Associated NaviesPosted: December 25th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Very cool, Novice, will come very handy!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: