[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

other nations launchers
[ img ]
[ img ]

Quote:
notes:
-the Mk 4 AWHS size is just an guestimate based on the size of the mk 26, which is an direct replacement. exact size and shape might differ a bit
-the mk 112 can be fitted with different or without reload systems. I will return to that soon
-the mk 13 GMLS needs an cover around the part of the magazine that sticks through the decks on some of the equipped ships. this is shown on the drawing.
-the mk 41 VLS views cannot be directly copied to an drawing without modification. similar to the mk 13 sideview, there has to be drawn an cover around it. this cover is ship specific, but how it should look on USN vessels as tico's and burkes from the top can be seen on this CSGN mk 2 WIP from the side is shown more or less correct on the burkes and tico's that are currently on the main site: this redraw has some size differences with those, but not enough to require fixing right now.[/list]
guns:
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Quote:
notes:
propulsion systems:
Westinghouse LWNP
[ img ]
General Electric D2G Reactor
[ img ]
LM 2500
[ img ]
Pratt & Whitney FT4
[ img ]
Rolls Royce Marine Spey
[ img ]
Rolls Royce Olympus
[ img ]
Rolls Royce MT30
[ img ]
Rolls Royce RM1A
[ img ]
Catterpillar Marine 8M46DF8
[ img ]
Wärtsilä Auxpac 20 series generators
[ img ]
Wärtsilä Auxpac 26 series generators
[ img ]
Marine Cat 32C series Gensets
[ img ]
Converteam AIM
[ img ]
[ img ]
1947A Steam plant
[ img ]
Y.102 COSAG plant (with metrovick G6 gas turbine) (single and twin shaft)
[ img ]
LCF CODOG plant
[ img ]
Quote:
notes:
the D2G drawing shows the size of the reactor compartment. this does not include turbines or similar systems, but only the space you need to keep free in your ship to fit this system. information of how it looks is classified, so I had to show it like this.
the M46DF is the 8 cilinder version. research and change the amount of cilinders if you want any other version to use, and want it on your drawing.
Radars
SPS-01
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by acelanceloet on July 14th, 2014, 8:50 pm, edited 80 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 7:30 pm
I certainly think that it is a good idea, but shouldn't be mandatory. Shipbucket has had the primary goal of drawing real ships, but I have felt that it has always had a secondary goal of being an educational tool, and to that end, I like this idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 7:38 pm
While engines & stuff is a bit odd, doing the belowdeck stuff is a good idea IMHO. We can't stop people from using Shipbucket as Legobucket, but we can at least educate people to lessen the Legobucket shit.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 7:46 pm
I think it is a good idea because then you can use the below deck drawings to better lay out the interior of the ship. That's just me though..

-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 7:49 pm
Seconded.

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 8:01 pm
For me - as an inveterated real ship fan - an amateur in ships weaponry and electronics it is very much appreciated. It helps me understand the complexity of what I am drawing. So I must say to you Ace, it makes you to a true sb-friend. Thanks :)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 9:20 pm
You can drawn everything you want from up to the radar systems wirings down to the sailors fruit baskets, but only thing you add to the actuall shipbucket drawings are the missiles; independent vessels carried/or controlled by the mothership and aircrafts.

Add something else, and you will get your stuff bumeranged back to you in the uploading. Kapish? ;)

Now educational is one thing, nerdy show off is other, its good to reccon these two from each other in sake of this type of community to not build in too much bad seed and spirit. For part sheets, most cruisal work is to get the basic sheets done and into uploadable condition, everything more fancier should become as secondary.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 4th, 2012, 12:37 am
I like the idea because if nothing else it makes people aware of deck penetration; but Gollevainen's right, I mean...no offense but anything else is overboard to the point of stupid :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 4th, 2012, 12:47 am
I suggest to use a simple grey dotted line for the deck penetration instead of the complex belowdeck structure to simplify the drawing process.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: belowdeck partsPosted: March 11th, 2012, 11:05 am
Well its educational but unless you want to every single gun mount and hoist and VLS system ever built I can't see it catching on. Those without source material or the skills won't be able to do this accuratley. If I remember correctly I think it was Golly who first drew some underdeck missile launcher parts and VLS tubes for his AU work.
But the major flaw is those underdeck parts need to be erased anyway to paste them onto a drawing. A kitbasher can easily ignore those below deck parts when they copy them off the parts sheet and still plonk them without thought. Most of us know what's involved but I agree newbies don't always know so perhaps a few examples of these should be used as a rough guide to newbies to show what goes on below decks?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 36  [ 353 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 536 »

Jump to: