Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistersPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:45 pm
[ img ]
[ img ]
finally completed the research and drawing work for these.
the EX-83 is the basic mount, all others are build on top of this module with different guidance systems.
as these are US, dutch, british (2X) and french respectively I just put these in their own thread.

EDIT: added the finished products into this first post for future reference.

Last edited by acelanceloet on October 15th, 2014, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Erusia Force
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: September 5th, 2012, 1:16 am
Very nice work. Im assuming that they run the GAU-8 cannon?

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: September 5th, 2012, 8:57 am
Yes.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: September 5th, 2012, 4:17 pm
indeed, the GAU-8.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: May 26th, 2014, 8:43 pm
[ img ]
adding top views and front views. will visit the others at an later date, right now the sea dragon had priority for bombheads drawings. goalkeeper is next, because that old top view of it is quite inaccurate.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: May 27th, 2014, 7:08 am
Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: May 27th, 2014, 11:03 am
Nice to see 3-view plans of these weapons, now I can redesign my AU CIWS, which I did.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: July 24th, 2014, 11:48 am
updated the above sheet with a front, back and top view of the goalkeeper CIWS. for the ones who use her: over time, the paint scheme has changed a little, when the system was introduced all parts but the gun were light grey, later they painted the radar (excluding the tips) black, and quite recently the entire radar and the mechanics around it, as shown in the above drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
RP1
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: July 25th, 2014, 8:48 am
Regarding colouring for GK; should there not be additional information, such as the date of the change, associated with that? RN and ROK GK were / are grey.

RP1

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: GE EX-83 series: the goalkeepers never operational sistePosted: July 25th, 2014, 8:58 am
I have never found any reason for the colour changes. they have changed over time though: all dutch goalkeepers were grey all over, but currently they all have the black radar.
the RoK ships have the black antenna (http://big5.china.com/gate/big5/militar ... 990800.jpg)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: