Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 7:08 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Stupid question, what's the big deal with the Dart, and why does it need to expose the radar face?
you mean on the drawing or in reality?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 8:05 pm
all important guns are covered now. are there any comments? I will now start on an real Oto Melara weapons sheet, which might be usefull to be uploaded to the main site as well. a little question: should I post this sheet in here, or in an new thread which can be stickied for easy find?
other views of the guns will follow soon (I have no school next week, so.......) and some still have to be done (like the marlin) but for now, this will be it.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: oto melara equipment sheet.Posted: December 11th, 2010, 9:12 pm
[ img ]
and here it is for now: the oto melara parts sheet. more stuff will be added. I think it is an good idea to make parts sheet based on nations and large companies, because that way parts are easier to find. I hope that more sheets like this one will be made in the future.

please note that all guns which are now on this sheet are new drawn because of inaccuracy of the old ones. most of the guns missing on this one can still be used, I will add those to this sheet soon. if somebody else draws oto melara equipment, please upload an updated version of this sheet.

any comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 10:26 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
Stupid question, what's the big deal with the Dart, and why does it need to expose the radar face?
reality

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 11:27 pm
Parts systematization is a right thing to do for this site.
I noticed you're displaying the calibers now (except for Mk 75) which is good; and I actually think that some additional info never hurts. For example, the year when a gun became available, elevation, rate of fire and range would be very useful although it's just a little extra text.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 12th, 2010, 9:56 am
klagldsf wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
reality
following this pdf : http://www.otomelara.it/EN/Common/files ... TRALES.pdf
it is for taking out moving targets by steering the projectile in flight. this is done by an radio.... most likely this is the one which you called radar. why it has to be exposed? I have no idea, but it might be because the transmitter has to follow the projectile on it's flight, and this is easier without an cap over it. someone correct me if I'm wrong.
WhyMe wrote:
Parts systematization is a right thing to do for this site.
I noticed you're displaying the calibers now (except for Mk 75) which is good; and I actually think that some additional info never hurts. For example, the year when a gun became available, elevation, rate of fire and range would be very useful although it's just a little extra text.

I am not intentionally showing the caliber, but I am showing the names of the guns ( it should be clear that the mk75 is just an modified 76 compact). and for that other intel: maybe that will be done later on, but for now, just the use of good parts is more important then those things.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 14th, 2010, 10:27 pm
In the interest of keeping things small, I have usually indicated deck penetration on my own parts sheets with the fore and aft edges and a small number to indicate depth of pixels. This system could get awkward when we start dealing with heavy caliber turrets that penetrate three or four decks. I am heavily in favor of indicating deck penetration though. It's in keeping with my desire for this to be both an artistic and an educational experience.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:15 am
klagldsf wrote:
I'm guessing the radar is exposed because the gun is on display at a trade show. In fact on the pictures you can see that the cover has been opened and pushed up on top of the casing.
As fopr what the big deal is, well, it is one of the first guns capable of firing actual smart rounds.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 4:02 pm
Thiel wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
I'm guessing the radar is exposed because the gun is on display at a trade show. In fact on the pictures you can see that the cover has been opened and pushed up on top of the casing.
As fopr what the big deal is, well, it is one of the first guns capable of firing actual smart rounds.
well following the pdf's posted above, it's not an radar but an radio ;) the reason the casing is popped up and down is to shield the antenna for radar. (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: