Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:21 pm
anybody has some good refs of the OTO 76 dart, the original oto 76 turret and the Otomelara 30mm GdF?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 8:21 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
anybody has some good refs of the OTO 76 dart, the original oto 76 turret and the Otomelara 30mm GdF?
Dude, google it. Unless you mean the OLD one...
Allagarto:
Oto Allagarto
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Last two from the old forum :D
Those over/under guns were the unsuccessful predecessor to the Allagarto.

hm, intermediate form?
[ img ]

New:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

USN version:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Dart:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
http://www.otomelara.it/EN/Common/files ... TRALES.pdf

http://www.otomelara.it

They've got a ton of 30 mm guns, you'll have to be more specific as to which one...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 8:37 pm
for the dart I need an drawing which shows the sizes, as these are not clear on pictures. with the original oto 76 I meant the original one, the one that came before the round turret.

for the 30 mm.... well, I will do some research on it then, because if tons are drawn and there is only one on the small otomelara sheet that I found somewhere on the old forum some time ago..... well, then I have a lot of work to do ;) other guns will go first, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 8:47 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
for the dart I need an drawing which shows the sizes, as these are not clear on pictures. with the original oto 76 I meant the original one, the one that came before the round turret.

for the 30 mm.... well, I will do some research on it then, because if tons are drawn and there is only one on the small otomelara sheet that I found somewhere on the old forum some time ago..... well, then I have a lot of work to do ;) other guns will go first, though.
Well, I got you some drawings of the original one, and the gun BEFORE that :D

The Dart... Eyeball it. The barrel is the same lenght, and the rest is just a casing which logically would fit OVER the standard 76 mm cuppola. It just needs room for the radar.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 8:52 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:

The Dart... Eyeball it. The barrel is the same lenght, and the rest is just a casing which logically would fit OVER the standard 76 mm cuppola. It just needs room for the radar.
ok thanks :D the Oto Allagarto was the hardest one to find.... the dart shouldn't be that much of problem.

next to do: marlin, dart and 76lw. the rest will have to come later.... unless somebody ask me for it because he needs it. then I will look if I can fix it ok? :D

btw... that over-under guns.... are those oto melara's too? because if so, they need to be placed on this sheet ;) but that shouldn't be much of an problem.... somebody drew them back on the old forums, if I recall...???

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 9:13 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
MihoshiK wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:

ok thanks :D the Oto Allagarto was the hardest one to find.... the dart shouldn't be that much of problem.

next to do: marlin, dart and 76lw. the rest will have to come later.... unless somebody ask me for it because he needs it. then I will look if I can fix it ok? :D

btw... that over-under guns.... are those oto melara's too? because if so, they need to be placed on this sheet ;) but that shouldn't be much of an problem.... somebody drew them back on the old forums, if I recall...???
Yeah, the over/under was the predecessor to the Allagarto. Didn't work out, didn't see much service. Don't know about a drawing though. You might want to go to the old forum and look...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: November 25th, 2010, 9:22 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
You might want to go to the old forum and look...
it indeed isn't there... only the drawings you just send me.... it was discussed, that's what I remembered...... well, might be an good adittion, and portsmouth bill will most likely be happy with them, as he was working on the centauro........ will have to ask him if he has drawn them already, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 11:10 am
UPDATE! shown the deck penetration of most of the guns and added some new ones. I found out that the allagarto was already drawn by NickD, and I couldn't find mistakes in them, so I added it as well. I will do the second dardo turret and the two 76 lw versions this weekend, and I will try to start on an sheet without the old ones on them, but with some extra data on them. (similar to what I did with the dutch parts sheet)
when the guns are on that sheet, I will no longer edit it because they will be used on ships by then. so if somebody has something to say about these, please do it before they are on the sheet.
comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Excellent stuff :D This is the kind of work that doesn't get enough credit; and showing the deck penetration is also a good move.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: oto melara gun drawing improvements and front-back-top sPosted: December 11th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Stupid question, what's the big deal with the Dart, and why does it need to expose the radar face?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: