Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: August 21st, 2013, 6:05 pm
Guys if you look back in the various Planebuckets you can find many helos in better condition mostly done by LittleBird like the AW-101 and the CH-47, for the SH-3 I have redone something for my AU Nation and posted in the last page of the old PB...

here they are

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: August 21st, 2013, 9:31 pm
Gator_Country wrote:
jabba wrote:
Forgot to reply to this H...

Here is what I have of medium helicopters. I think it's quite comprehensive, or at least it was back in March...

[Lotsa helos]
It's good to be back. Anyhow... No. You have several versions - one current, one obsolete - of several helicopters on there. Just look at the Sea Kings, Lynxes, HH-65, EH/AW-101 family, Westland Commando, Hueys, Seasprites, and Sikorsky 'Hawks. My camo huey still has the railing on it, you have one collection of Hawks posted twice on the same sheet, etc.
Anyhow... No?

Ok, let me spell it out for you Gator_County...

com·pre·hen·sive
/ˌkämpriˈhensiv/

Adjective
1) Complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something: "a comprehensive list of sources".
2) Of large content or scope; wide-ranging.

When I spent several tens of hours earlier this year compiling the 'New' Planebucket sheets, my method was thus: I trawled through the Planebucket thread and saved a copy of every file. There were many. For each sheet (Helos, Fighters etc.) I first created a dump file for all relevant images, which were copy-pasted from the originals I saved. From this file, I compared aircraft and eliminated duplicate, inaccurate or obsolete drawings. The acceptable ones were then slowly added to the template sheets which were then either forwarded to TimothyC for checking, or posted in this thread. The image I posted for Heuhen is one of these dump files. I mentioned this previously:
jabba wrote:
Yeah, this is what I compiled before creating the final sheet. I gathered all pictures and they would have been sorted/eliminated before adding.
So... As you seem to be better qualified than me in this field, may I invite you to complete Medium Helicopter sheet? It would be a service to the community.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: August 22nd, 2013, 12:11 am
Hmm, ok, my bad. I wasn't trying to p--- on the parade, just wanted to point out that some of the stuff was obsolete and didn't match. I didn't see that this was a dump sheet, not the final product, sorry. I have a matching MH-60R/MH-60S sheet I can post for you, and I'm working on the Sea King HC.4/Commando. I really didn't mean to come across the way I did. Sorry, bro. My fault.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to use this as an example. I think that we need a separate Planebucket forum, as a subforum under Parts Sheets Discussion, where each and every new plane can have it's own thread. I think it would make searching for A/C much, much easier.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: August 22nd, 2013, 5:01 am
Gator_Country wrote:
EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to use this as an example. I think that we need a separate Planebucket forum, as a subforum under Parts Sheets Discussion, where each and every new plane can have it's own thread. I think it would make searching for A/C much much easier.
Not happening. What would make it easier to search is if people posted, in plane text the names of the aircraft they have posted, Your solution would result in a lot of extra threads that would only serve to slow down the server by cluttering up the database. We don't use a lot of space, but we don't have a lot of space on the server to start with.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gator_Country
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: August 22nd, 2013, 12:11 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Gator_Country wrote:
EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to use this as an example. I think that we need a separate Planebucket forum, as a subforum under Parts Sheets Discussion, where each and every new plane can have it's own thread. I think it would make searching for A/C much much easier.
Not happening. What would make it easier to search is if people posted, in plane text the names of the aircraft they have posted, Your solution would result in a lot of extra threads that would only serve to slow down the server by cluttering up the database. We don't use a lot of space, but we don't have a lot of space on the server to start with.
...Or that. I didn't take server space into consideration. But yeah, posting A/C names would help alot.

[Profile] [Quote]
Janna_142
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: October 12th, 2013, 3:55 am
Planebucket sheet is used for for checking scaling uniform.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: NEW Planebucket sheetsPosted: October 12th, 2013, 9:31 pm
well done Jabba...needs a Cheetah please

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: