Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 9  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 1st, 2015, 11:06 pm
WONDERFULL!!! Amazing planes!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 1st, 2015, 11:41 pm
@Garlicdesign Thank you, thank you.
Blackbuck wrote:
Other than the slight over-diversification of combat types I think you've quite comprehensively covered everything.
Is that so? I never saw it that way. I mean, yes the Luftwaffe operates four types of attack aircraft (Tornado/A-10/AV-8/F1) where the Bundesluftwaffe only used two (Tornado/Alpha Jet) during the Cold War, and the Reichsmarine uses thrree (Tornado/A-7/AV-8) compared to the Bundesmarines two (Tornado/F-104). But I never thought of this as a over-diversification. Maybe I'm too influenced by the US Armed Forces ;) .
But this whole issue could be an acctual problem within the German military, which is planned to be solved with the F-35 and further F2 replacing the A-7, AV-8, A-10 and most of the Tornados.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 9:33 am
Well, if we take into account just the air force you have a lot of overlap between the various attack aircraft. Personally, I'd split the fleet between Tornadoes and Harriers. Or, forgo the Tornado all together and go for a large F-15 fleet much like I did for Tol Galen, you'd then have common systems between aircraft such as engines, electronics and airframe components. They're capable of performing most if not all of the subsidiary roles such as DEAD/SEAD and RECCE as well as those of air superiority and interdiction.
As for stealth, don't get sucked in by it. You'll still need Gen 4++ aircraft like the F-15 and F-16 as has been proven over the past several years they are incredibly useful.

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:37 am
very nice work ;-) love your german AU planes...will we see some GDR planes too?

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:55 am
Skyder2598 wrote:
very nice work ;-) love your german AU planes...will we see some GDR planes too?
There is a sheet of the NVA with real-world and what-if planes in the first post. I have started it recently, so several liveries are not yet done, but it may give you a first impression.

@Blackbuck
I see what you mean and I might definitely drop the A-10 and may replace the Luftwaffe Tornado with a F-15E variant, but I'm not yet sure about a proper Marine replacement. So I still need some time to think this out.

[Profile] [Quote]
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 1:49 pm
@Cascadia: thank you, don't noticed them, also great work on those planes, look forward to see them finished ;-)

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 2:43 pm
Good job Cascadia! I agree with Bb but these are well finished planes overall.

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 4:12 pm
Lovely work indeed. I'm interested though to borrow some of your RL jets for use in my future AUs. [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 8:47 pm
wb21 wrote:
Lovely work indeed. I'm interested though to borrow some of your RL jets for use in my future AUs. [ img ]
Thanks, and be my guest.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Planebucket stuff for a German AUPosted: July 4th, 2015, 1:04 am
Reichsanstalt für Flugsicherung
moved to first post

Last edited by Cascadia on February 8th, 2016, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 9  [ 90 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: