Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
Redhorse
Post subject: Republic of Texas AU Squadron PatchesPosted: May 28th, 2015, 10:29 pm
If you'd like to help me create Air Force Squadron Patches for the Republic of Texas AU, I'll accept submissions and properly credit the artist when I use them. This is an ambitious project for me, because I have to create probably 300 of them and I'd like to have it done when I close out the WWII period for the AU. To date I have only completed 41 examples.

The patches are round, 3 inches in diameter, and are needed for the following squadron types:

Air Training
Fighter
Attack
Bomber (Medium and Heavy)
Patrol
Air Transport
Reconnaissance (Photographic)

Anti-Aircraft squadron proposals are also welcome.

Post them in this forum if you're interested. Only reasonable and tasteful submissions will be accepted.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas AU Squadron PatchesPosted: May 28th, 2015, 11:10 pm
I'm tempted to try one, but could you post a template ? or just a how many pixels size it should be ? and do you have any teams for your Texas that would be different from OTL that we must know ? (I have read most of your nice thread but any pointers would be cool)

And should we list Squadrons names we might try ?
I was thinking about a few fighter squadrons,

- Shooting Stars (with Texas star(s) on badge
- Six shooter (with revolver on badge)

bit obvious and caricatured but why not ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas AU Squadron PatchesPosted: May 29th, 2015, 1:08 am
This is one of the finished products:

[ img ]

What I need is the part inside the circular label, which is about 3 inches in diameter (not sure what the equivalent is in pixels). When I make them, I actually use powerpoint for the lettering and copy it to paint.net, where the actual patch is inserted with layering and some editing.

Feel free to come up with squadron names, and obvious and caricatured is ok.

I'll post a smaller collection of what I have so you can look for trends or themes. I have already paid homage to squadrons in the Texas Air National Guard and any USAF units with historical ties to Texas.

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
Redhorse
Post subject: Re: Republic of Texas AU Squadron PatchesPosted: May 29th, 2015, 1:52 am
This is what has been collected so far:

[ img ]

Current Projects:
Republic of Texas Navy
FD Scale F-14s

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion”

Jump to: