Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
jabba
Post subject: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 2nd, 2011, 12:42 pm
I'm on the lookout for reference drawing for the PRC Type 037 'Hainan' patrol vessel/submarine chaser, particularly underwater hull drawings. I do have some above-water drawings, but you can always do with more...

I sometimes struggle to find a good variety of reference drawings, tending to use Google image search most of the time. theblueprints.com has been useful, and other members such as Novice have pointed me in the direction of good sites for aircraft drawings. I am doing both shipbucket and FD scale aircraft at the moment and would greatly appreciate any help or tips for finding a good variety of drawings.

Maybe a kind of tutorial thread, or sticky topic with tips and addresses for other newcomers would be helpful in the beginner drawings forum were members could post things they have found? Just an idea...

Also, the Type 037i 'Haijiu' and Type 037 is 'Haiquing' would be helpful.

Type 037 Hainan:
[ img ]

Type 037i Haijiu:[ img ]

Type 037is Haiquing:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
unrealities3d
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 6:17 am
Well some waterline profiles can be found here (but NOT at SB Scale): http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae34 ... e%20World/

For underwater hull, maybe a russian PC hull as base ???

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 6:39 am
Interesting, appears to be at twice the Shipbucket scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 6:48 am
The scale is 10 pixels per 1m.
Also there's a folder in the album called "Ships - 2 pixels for 1 foot" which actually is SB scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 6:52 am
He's an old Shipbucket member whish leaved because stupid remarks of people.

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 8:03 am
Pride of the fleet? :) He didn't left becouse of the stubid comments, but becouse he thougth he could do what ever he wanted and adm./moderation/ rules ect cetera did not consider him. Or in other words he was an asshole that could even make both me and Colosseum back in the days agree over banning him;)

of the hainan class, I suggest browising trough the chinese military sites, Sinodefence forum, China-defense forum ect...
I have some books I can look into after I get them back next week

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 8:15 am
Gollevainen wrote:
Pride of the fleet? :) He didn't left becouse of the stubid comments, but becouse he thougth he could do what ever he wanted and adm./moderation/ rules ect cetera did not consider him. Or in other words he was an asshole that could even make both me and Colosseum back in the days agree over banning him;)

of the hainan class, I suggest browising trough the chinese military sites, Sinodefence forum, China-defense forum ect...
I have some books I can look into after I get them back next week
No Golly, it's not Pride of the Fleet. This guy is Arabian. I've got some contact with him while back.

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 8:18 am
curious. Becouse some of the work in his site looked like pride of the fleet's material.
Never recall us having arabian member :shock:

anyways:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 10:25 am
Gollevainen wrote:
anyways:
Wow, Golly you are an absolute legend! Where did you find those?

Seriously, thanks a lot. I've spent hours searching for something like that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 037 Hainan reference drawingsPosted: June 3rd, 2011, 10:58 am
i recall that ive seen that drawing somewhere(its from the polish naval magazines, Orketnyi Wojne or from that other one whose name I cannot spell)
Today when I browsed my usuall set of forums I recalled it came from the ogtava forum, so little digging and... ;)

Generally, google imageshearch is pretty lousy thing to rely on. foreing (non-english) forums seems to be the gold-mines, and best resourse is always the books and magazinese.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: