Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
ALVAMA
Post subject: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 24th, 2011, 1:18 pm
Is anyone happen to help me with drawings? I am searching for more then 2 years now :cry:

[Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 24th, 2011, 9:03 pm
Have you tried looking at one of her sister ships? For example, A134 HMS Rame Head?

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 25th, 2011, 12:37 am
Alvama
I remember that you asked for something like this before but I was on holidays the other side of the country so I couldn’t chase it up. After doing a bit of digging around I found a reference to it in Mitchell and Sawyers "The Oceans, The Forts, & The Parks"1966 this is the history of the Canadian merchant shipbuilding program of WWII. Beachy Head appears to have been a modification of the Fort series of ships but modified to a Maintenance ship, in this book there a good drawings of the original fort series MV there is also one drawing of Hartland point as a Maintenance ship but it has been modified since WWII. I assume that you intend to do Beachy Head as RNN Vulkan there is also “one” picture of a unnamed Maintenance ship. So I suspect that you will have to start with the original “Fort” and then modified it to represent Beachy Head in Dutch service I have no information her in Dutch service.
I will scan the stuff in the next day or so and post a link to it here.

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 26th, 2011, 9:01 am
Ok I have some stuff ready but Photobucket is playing up !@#@$#@
Cant find any drawing or photos of Beachy head BUT have found a drawing of the "MV Fort type that she was based on and a picture of a couple of sister ships Berry Head and Buchan Ness plus some drawings of Duncansby Head 1969, HMCS Cape Breton 1969 so with all this you should come close to what see could have looked like when in Dutch Service

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 26th, 2011, 9:56 am
that would be perfect my friend! I'll do UK ones aswell.

[Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 27th, 2011, 8:17 am
Here they are I had a bit of trouble getting Photo Bucket to up load them so inorge the missing photos there all there

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/graham003/

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Maintenance Ship HMS. BEACHY HEADPosted: September 27th, 2011, 10:47 am
HOLY AWESOME!!!!!!

Thank-you so much!!!

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: