Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
BB1987
Post subject: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm
i found this while strolling around the internet:
http://www.gwpda.org/naval/irn16bb.htm

in case someone is interested.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 18th, 2012, 3:14 pm
it's already drawn by Golly. But I was about to draw it in big scale though.

[Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 18th, 2012, 3:26 pm
the Gangut-style one yes, but there are other versions with 3 turrets and others with superfiring guns, and given the good side drawings and plans i tought it was good to post them; after all it could be Gollevainen itself who will draw them, who knows.. :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 18th, 2012, 8:19 pm
BB1987 wrote:
the Gangut-style one yes, but there are other versions with 3 turrets and others with superfiring guns, and given the good side drawings and plans i tought it was good to post them; after all it could be Gollevainen itself who will draw them, who knows.. :)
I am talking about the 3turret one. See Byzintine AU.

[Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 19th, 2012, 2:14 am
It's interesting that the first design was "closest" to being laid down. If completed it would've been the most powerful battleship afloat at the time (in fact that's true with all the designs there). And of course that's assuming none of its true contemporaries (the British N3, the American South Dakotas, the various Japanese 18-inch rifle ships) would've been completed either.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 19th, 2012, 1:00 pm
Quote:
the Gangut-style one yes, but there are other versions with 3 turrets and others with superfiring guns, and given the good side drawings and plans i tought it was good to post them; after all it could be Gollevainen itself who will draw them, who knows..
Migth take some time once I get back to "older" ships but who knows.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 19th, 2012, 8:48 pm
When I read Russian 16 inch battleshipsI thought: "Sovetsky Soyuz." I was wrong. Would have been interesting if they had built and commisioned them. Would they be able to take down a Bismarck class despite being technologically and quality-wise inferior?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 19th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Think about it. 12*16" guns is targeting one single ship. And Russia would have upgraded here, perhaps with help fro me British and the Americans, the Allied forces would see that a ship that is totally Superior in main gun firepower can be very important, perhaps she would get new turrets and barrels, due to the importance of a superior fire-platform.

it cheaper to upgrade a ship that are build to carry big guns than build a new one!

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Russian 16-inch gun battleship studies.Posted: October 19th, 2012, 9:58 pm
heuhen wrote:
perhaps with help fro me British and the Americans,
Highly doubtful. But the battleships would've been quite powerful regardless.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: