Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
Charybdis
Post subject: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 8:39 pm
Really tempted to take this on but I don't have the time to finish it anytime soon and my carrier drawings are not that good if I compare to the current standard. I'm currently stuck on CV-4 Ranger and its amazing how much work is needed to complete a drawing of these ships and makes me appreciate all the more, the work of the carrier bods on this site. :oops:

Would love to see a few more US carriers on the site. Here are some amazing plans for the old girl on the HNSA website. :D

Maybe we could form a Shipbucket "US Carrier Group" to make inroads in to these ships that are notable by their absence from the archive? I could certainly do with some help on Ranger! :?

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 8:43 pm
What are you stuck on Charybdis ?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 8:59 pm
I would certainly join in if there would be an US carrier group. I lack time and interest and knowledge to do one alone, but I have done the CVV before and quite some other USN vessels and I think I would be up to the task of supplying parts and comment at least, and maybe some drawing parts as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 10:33 pm
@BH: Lack of sources, lack of patience... lack of knowledge! I'll ressurect the thread and update my progress.

@acelanceloet: If we could get about 4 to 5 people with at least one who is knowledgable about this class, I think we could get it done. I was thinking of appointing a "project manager" type who would have an overall map and could distribute sections of the ship for the rest to work on.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 10:36 pm
And I my Axe!

(Ok, I've seen a bit too much LoTR lately) I'll offer whatever help I can (I've got a copy of Friedman's US Aircraft carriers).

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 10:46 pm
I would love to help, just got four months off Uni. Count me in :)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 11:13 pm
It's just to send me re scaled drawings of them, and I'll clean out all those pixels, so all you boys have left is an black and whit drawing that need detail and color. I like to have something simple to bash on while watching a TV-episode. (like cleaning a drawing.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Tagger 1-1
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 11:16 pm
Hello Charybis,

In the prior thread, I had discussed by wishes to draw FORRESTAL. Might I suggest that you choose another topic? CV-67 KENNEDY, perhaps?

S/F TAGGER SENDS

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 11th, 2013, 11:22 pm
It's not a specific wish to draw just the Forrestal, it's a redraw of all older American carrier drawings and those we dont already have

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Hello USS ForrestalPosted: November 12th, 2013, 6:20 pm
Tagger 1-1 wrote:
Hello Charybis,

In the prior thread, I had discussed by wishes to draw FORRESTAL. Might I suggest that you choose another topic? CV-67 KENNEDY, perhaps?

S/F TAGGER SENDS
Might I suggest first showing proof that you are actually capable of the level of artistry needed to correctly depict a USN carrier? It's a bit premature to claim one of the more massive and complicated ships to draw when you haven't actually shown us anything but a hastily removed drawing in another thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: