Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Keisser
Post subject: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 8:41 am
In summer 1909 Lev Matsievich (one of Russian aeronautic pioneers) gave a presentation named «About the condition of aeronautic and possibility to use airplanes in Navy». Later, in autumn, this massage was transformed into memorandum backed with lots of technical calculations and addressed to Alexey Krylov (Chief Inspector of Shipbuilding). Matsievichs memorandum contained technical justification of CV construction, capable to carry 25 airplanes.
Quote:
It is not diffcult to add... light deck... on specially built ship... where planes will be placed... and where from they will flight and where they will land...
- Lev Matsievich
And a design study:
[ img ]
Source: alternathistory.com (this is not an AU design!)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 9:21 am
Heh yes) Its a real project. There is an article about in in Hungarian, with details and stuff. I am actually currently drawing it into FD scale, but I havent got the time to finish it yet(

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 9:27 am
Btw.. you are aware this is actually a conversion of a monitior? Since you haven't list it up..

[Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 9:31 am
ALVAMA wrote:
Btw.. you are aware this is actually a conversion of a monitior? Since you haven't list it up..
Wow, in article I read there was no mention of it. Don't you know, which one monitor is proposed to convert?

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 9:44 am
The Admiral Lazarev actually. I am drawing the Admiral Lazarev + carrier conversion and I will post it once its done.

[Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 9:57 am
will be awesome in FD scale. Look forward to seeing it when it is complete Alex.

[Profile] [Quote]
Keisser
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 10:24 am
ALVAMA wrote:
The Admiral Lazarev actually.
Ah, Admiral Lazarev. I did not know that it is a monitor. In Russian classification it is labeled as "armored frigate"

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 10:36 am
Keisser wrote:
ALVAMA wrote:
The Admiral Lazarev actually.
Ah, Admiral Lazarev. I did not know that it is a monitor. In Russian classification it is labeled as "armored frigate"

Well, to keep on reality. ''classification'' are like Politicans. You can make it whatever you want.. Anyway the three circulair shapes you can see on the topview, are actually where the (former) turrents have been mounted. She was a seagoing Monitor at some point. She was a stable platform, since she was send to the disposal list in 1909 (sister in 1907) people considered her as a test platform for using the new weapon of the modern armed forces; the plans. More other then this I can't say, because I havent found too much regards this myself eighter.
Quote:
will be awesome in FD scale. Look forward to seeing it when it is complete Alex.
Thankyou!) Yes Krakatoa, it gets along nicely so far and I am sure it wont be a disappointment once its posted)

[Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 11:51 am
Is this a conversion from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_L ... ss_monitor?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: Imperial Russian CV (1910 project)Posted: July 17th, 2016, 12:24 pm
Here is the Ad Lazarev
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =14&t=1948

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: