Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
graham
Post subject: Attention PB BelfastPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 6:37 am
Bill if these dont get you going then nothing will !! I think the Belfast in her 1939 look Home Fleet Dark Gray is the epittemy of British Sea Power

photos deleted sent PM if you want them 30 MARCH 2011
Graham

Last edited by graham on March 30th, 2011, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Attention PB BelfastPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 8:51 am
God bless your cotton socks shipmate :D

As always, you've come up trumps. I was working from a scan of a drawing I took from the Belfast museuam brochure, but with your drawing and photo's - its full steam ahead - and damn the torpedo's :lol:

BTW, my brother from Port Kennedy wants to claim assylum here, after all the hot weather; that or move to Albany where his daughter lives; d'you reckon he should get agrip on himself?

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Attention PB BelfastPosted: February 23rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
I agree with you brother it’s been bloody hot, high 30s for a few weeks now, it’s all I can do to drag myself the 100 meters or so the Warnbro Sound beach and throw myself in. It would have to be one of the nicest beaches in Australia (no backpackers or tourists, got to watch the sharks thought a guy got taken a year or so ago but it was a win-win situation the shark got a feed and we had one less bank manger !!!) but the hot weather should only last for another 2-3 weeks
I have a lot more stuff on Belfast any particular era you need ?
Graham
Photos deleted sen PM if you want them GJM 30-MAR-2011

Last edited by graham on March 30th, 2011, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Attention PB BelfastPosted: February 24th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Ripper Mate :D And I'm well away on the 1939 new build version; so, wartime version after major rebuild? Postwar version after modernisation? And the icing on the cake: the 'never built' full modernisation with straight funnels and other goodies? But all other versions will be considered.

Shame about that shark, I hope it was looked after :lol:

My brother is a wuz: he comes over here and runs down this country; spends all his leisure time in Singers, got a fat retirement from Swan Brewery...bah! I'm just jealous :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: