Good that you try that is what I want to say first
1. Picture is posted as JPG picture, I recommend to post it as a PNG picture.
2. Credit is a must. And avoid modifying the template to much
But the ships is overkill and not realistic.. we live in the modern world not WW2... just saying.
I don't see any 40mm, 30mm, 155mm guns
Weaponry you have:
- at bow you have: Bofors 57 mm gun (as used by Visby class) (not 155mm)
- above hangar and on Starboard/port side: 3x76mm Oto Melara 76/63 Strales (not40mm)
- 4 GAM B-01 20mm guns (not 30mm)
- 4 Phalanx CIWS that have been cropped. (they are wrong size on the drawing)
- No laser weapons visible
- Harpoon is being taken out of service due to it being an old system that today's radar and weapon system have no problem to defeat.
- 1 RAM launcher
- 1 VLS silo on forward deck
To many radars:
- A sonar in the bulb, will have reduced effect, sonar should be under the hull (away from noise)
- BAE Sampson and Signaal-Marconi S-1850M (that what they type 45 use as there main radar and all you need)
- APAR (does the same as the radar above... used on Dutch and Germans ships mainly, you don't need that, you use British radars)
- Radar elements from a radar system you find on Australian ships, called CEFAR (all those squares that are placed on an angle) CEFAR does basically the same as APAR and the British radar's
- 7 SatComs some are even placed in weird location and it might be to many of them as well
- 4 WM 20 "Egg" (that you have modified) some are a fircontroll system and have been out-dated for some time now
- various mast that basically do the same, use 1
- single shaft, possible, but today we use more than one shaft on a big warship. important to have redundancy.
- Not enough funnel and air-intake for engines
- as long as a Japanese Atago class Guided missile destroyer, but 10 meter wider then Atago class... you ship is as wide as an US Battleship...
Modern Naval ships are clean on the outside, but packed with modern technology and weapons.
For a ship like yours it would probably be equipped with:
- Newer version of BAE Sampson and Signaal-Marconi S-1850M
- probably some new communication technology not yet available, and old school (2-3) SatComs and antennas
- A sonar under the hull
- 1 x 5" (127mm) cannon (since it appear that is what the Brits going after)
- 2 x RAM-launcher or 1-2 Phalanx instead (depending what they have at hand (Phalanx is getting old))
- 2 x 20 mm guns and additional 2-4 12.7mm guns for close in protection and port protection against small boats and other things (not for air-defense, only limited)
- 2 x twin torpedo launcher, because we have space for it.
- Hangar for 2 helicopters
- VLS silo with 70-95 silos for Aster-family or what ever the Brits want to use for there AAW-defense
- for Surface defense, they would use a boxed launcher like the Norwegian "NSM"
Bellow, Japanese Atago class DDG as an example on how a modern destroyer looks like (Atago class is as long as you'r ship, but note how simpler equipped it is):