Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 2 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:29 am
and sure about the DSRV. but do you have a drawing of the minisub from the hunt for the Red October?

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:30 am
Are DSRVs manned?

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:33 am
Use the edit function instead of writing new posts.

1. If you make a battleship, 3 turrets will suffice. 2 fore and 1 aft.

2. The "minisub" from Red October is the DSRV.

3. DSRVs are, of course, manned. They are a rescue vehicle. They are NOT something that a battleship would carry. Traditionally, DSRVs are carried by submarine tenders or specialized rescue ships, NEVER surface combatants like battleships.

Also, they are not combat vehicles in the slightest -- they exist solely to rescue trapped submariners.

[Profile]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:39 am
KES Paige captain wrote:
and sure about the DSRV. but do you have a drawing of the minisub from the hunt for the Red October?
Sir, that is the 'minisub' from Hunt for Red October. The Mystic is a DSRV designed to recover crews from downed submarines in relatively shallow water (because military submarines can't survive being lost in deeper waters). I'm not entirely sure why you would put it on a battleship.

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 8:49 am
Moved to beginners

[Profile]
Morten812
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 10:19 am
Talos aren't very futuristisk either...

Morten Jensen
Randers
Denmark

Traffic Manager

[Profile]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 10:34 am
Umm, sixteen gun, 4 ABL, Talos without reloading system and illumination, some sort of PAR which the position is rather low, a AEM/S with SPS-40 IIRC and DSRV. You must be kidding me if anyone will pay for this ship with loads of gun and an ancient SAM. Oh yes, where's the bridge?

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 1:26 pm
That's the old AEM/S. The newer one is on the Drawing of Radford that is on the main site. While it is large enough to carry an SPS-49 (not just the 40).

For the record, Danzing was banned for being a troll.

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 2:03 pm
KES Paige captain wrote:
MANY THANKS TO DANZIG. I HEAVILY MODIFIED HIS SHIP. I think the ship he drew was the best i have ever seen on shipbucket.
Danzig? As in the guy who teamed up with Turkishnavyguy/didibii?

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 2:11 pm
Wouldn't a futuristic battleship actually have a few small guns and a bunch of ICBMs or other large rockets/missiles meant to target warships and land targets? It'd basically be a big floating missile platform. I have no idea how much space such missiles take up as I know next to nothing about missiles in general, so I can't say how many you could fit, you'd have to look that up on your own.

And the only benefit to something like that would be that it's still harder to find a large floating chunk of steel than it is to find an even larger stationary chunk of dirt and concrete, since those same missiles could be launched from land, or aircraft (depending on the specific missile, or purpose).

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 2 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: