Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 20 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22 23 »
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:18 pm
how can the empire swallow the US in a week? How in gods name did the Empire march on Moscow, and win?

And why did the Bolshevik revolution never happen? When did the Empire invade russia?

[Profile]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:21 pm
Do you even know the story of how Communism took shape in the Russia?

The US and other nations could easily take on the Empire with aircraft (Considering that the plane was invented in the US). Besides, if you say that there are Zepplins, that means that there is a credible, albeit slim arial threat to your navy.

Besides, if your Emperor is as harsh as you say he is, I'd say that there would be an even more extensive network of rebels than there was when Hitler was in power. You can expect police and military forces to fight from within the borders, perhaps men even abandoning their ships like the Germans did before the end of WWI. And if there were heavy revolts, you can bet that the US and France, along with other possible world powers of your AU, would help the rebellion instead of the government.

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:28 pm
6:00am on March the 16th 1916 is when the Empire of Britannia invaded Russia.

With the combined strength of the British, German and Austro-Hungarian Empires the US is a small fry in a large pond.

And SrGopher the Emperor is according to the state religion a god.
plus there is a Imperial Inquisition to get rid of resistance.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:31 pm
APDAF wrote:
Imperial Inquisition to get rid of resistance
And we all know that nobody would expect THE Inquisition! :lol:

[Profile]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:37 pm
I'm assuming that your country has some international trade work, right? You can expect a strong belief in other world religions. I doubt you could even get the British to fight against the US because of the strong trade and political ties. In fact, I doubt that with thousands of miles of seas between them,you would get any of the British dominions or colonies to fight the US. And that Inquisition of yours would provoke even more resistance thanks to the martyrs that will have sacrificed themselves to free the country of tyranny.

Its a funny thing, how religion and politics work.

[Profile]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Oh aye, the German empire. You mean a sausage factory in west Africa?

Insane AU is insane... and stupid.

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Have you ever read warhammer 40k?
Think about that.

[Profile]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:51 pm
40.000 is different, you have whole galaxy to rule. Mechanicum and Terra union, Adeptus Terra ruling budy ect:
And ... THE! Emperor, immortal God Emperor with all his gifts.

But this is your AU, and it can be non realistic as you want.

[Profile]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:52 pm
APDAF wrote:
Have you ever read warhammer 40k?
Think about that.
I think that using 40K as the inspiration for your AU set in the past in the real world is absolutely insane, and not only that, but bloody ridiculous as well. Plus, having no realistic enemies or the Empire makes this dumb.

I can easily see an unconquered western Russia allying with the United States as this empires adversary. Not necessarily a live war, but an arms race/cold war thing going on would be a good thing to occur to make your AU a little more realistic. Add a resistance within your nation, and all of a sudden you have a setting for exciting conflicts in the inter war period.

Just a suggestion.

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Emperor George I class Super BattleshipPosted: November 12th, 2011, 1:58 pm
Trust me something big happens in WWII.

Have you read/heard-of Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series?

Then you have your big enemy.

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 20 of 23  [ 223 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22 23 »

Jump to: