Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 12  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 12 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 6:37 pm
it does not.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 6:55 pm
APDAF wrote:
The ram is for anti-iceberg purposes mainly (If that works).
A ram is for sinking wooden warships. I have no idea why you would even think of ramming a ship into a million ton block of ice, because that would do absolutely nothing but tear your ram off and crumple the bow, and considering the size of your yacht, it would suffer too much damage to stay afloat. And it is truly best to avoid the North Atlantic in the spring, as well as take proper action by listening to iceberg warnings and keeping a lookout on a crow's nest, equipped with binoculars.

I find the idea of using a yacht to clear icebergs completely idiotic, hell it is completely thoughtless to even think of using any ship to clear icebergs. And don't even try to use icebreakers as an excuse for your idea, an icebreaker is built to clear a path through ice fields for other ships to sail through, and they do not ram ice either, they use a specially designed bow to ride up on the ice and crush through it using the weight of the hull.

And do not even for a minute think of making your yacht into an icebreaker either.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Ok, ok I will get rid of the ram.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:05 pm
APDAF wrote:
Ok, ok I will get rid of the ram.
No you need to start from scratch.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:10 pm
Why should I start from scratch? Other than the reasons already posted.

That would mean I will have to spend a few hours of work that I don't have at the moment.

[Profile] [Quote]
ONI-Defense
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm
APDAF wrote:
Why should I start from scratch?

That would mean I will have to spend a few hours of work that I don't have at the moment.
Why? Because none of it looks anything like a yacht, there are many flaws in functionality, you might as well retry it and this time base it on real yachts, like Hitler's yacht that some have linked you to.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:20 pm
So if I want it to look like the way I want it to it is not allowed?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:23 pm
APDAF wrote:
Why should I start from scratch? Other than the reasons already posted.

Because it would take longer to fix this thing* than it would to start over.

*'Thing' was what I settled on after 3 other more explicit words were rejected. It's the nicest one I care to use.
APDAF wrote:
So if I want it to look like the way I want it to it is not allowed?
Then don't ask for help if you have no intention of following said help!

We're not going to fawn over you for making stupid ships. And yes, your ships are stupid and show a lack of understanding about naval design, and you have shown a lack of interest in improving.

If you want to keep drawing what you have been drawing then do so, but do not expect any help at all.

Do you understand?

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Yes I do understand.

And why would it take longer to fix her than start for scratch?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Ave Impearator class yachtPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:30 pm
APDAF wrote:
Yes I do understand.

And why would it take longer to fix her than start for scratch?
Because to fix it would require redrawing every single element of the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 12  [ 111 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 12 »

Jump to: