Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
HanD
Post subject: PKB pr. 51Posted: June 1st, 2022, 8:22 pm
[ img ]

Inspired by 江滬 [053] and Aung Zeya-class. Serves in an anti-submarine and electronic warfare role.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: PKB pr. 51Posted: June 3rd, 2022, 1:27 pm
Welcome to the Shipbucket!
It's a quite nice drawing, although I'm not sure about some parts of shading, like why along the top edge of most of superstructures there seems to be shaded line, while there doesn't seem to be anything that could make that shade (and contrast between shades seem to me bit excessive, even though I like it to be fairly contrasting).
I'm also not sure about some design features, like location of the RBU on bow (might be tight fit there: http://ot-a-do-ya.org/Images/enc/RI-SSS ... 6000_1.jpg ) and of the torpedo launchers in tha particular place (why not near the hangar). And what is that thing between funnel and forward superstructure?
Anyway, I hope to see more works from You, esp. in the Real Life Designs department. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
HanD
Post subject: Re: PKB pr. 51Posted: June 3rd, 2022, 6:22 pm
eswube wrote: *
Welcome to the Shipbucket!
It's a quite nice drawing, although I'm not sure about some parts of shading, like why along the top edge of most of superstructures there seems to be shaded line, while there doesn't seem to be anything that could make that shade (and contrast between shades seem to me bit excessive, even though I like it to be fairly contrasting).
I'm also not sure about some design features, like location of the RBU on bow (might be tight fit there: http://ot-a-do-ya.org/Images/enc/RI-SSS ... 6000_1.jpg ) and of the torpedo launchers in tha particular place (why not near the hangar). And what is that thing between funnel and forward superstructure?
Anyway, I hope to see more works from You, esp. in the Real Life Designs department. ;)
Thanks for the comments; toned down the shading, and moved the torpedo tubes & RBU to more reasonable locations.
[ img ]

As for the midships object, that's the EW housing, based off the one on Arkhangelsky Komsomolets, with 1RL238, SPS-22/44, and SPB-7.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: PKB pr. 51Posted: June 4th, 2022, 3:47 pm
Ah, that EW housing explains it. The locations for RBU and TT look much better now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: