Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
odendasf
Post subject: Re: Complaint in FD scale Vehicles 13Posted: April 20th, 2023, 5:14 pm
Eswube, thank you for the wheel suggestion. Although your suggested wheel shape looked better, it looked too small on the trailer. After checking my references again, I have realised that my low-quality reference drawing was not accurate concerning the total height of the trailer. As a result, I had to make some major adjustments to my drawing. I have also double-checked the correct wheel size. The wheels should in fact be 22,4 pixels in diameter, but it is problematic to try and centre a (correct) 11-pixel wheel rim on a 22-pixel wheel. So, I have replaced the 21-pixel wheels with 23-pixel wheels. I have removed the bottom row of pixels of each wheel to give the tires a sagged appearance. I am now happy with the overall appearance.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Complaint in FD scale Vehicles 13Posted: June 17th, 2023, 5:27 pm
odendasf wrote: *
Hello everyone

eswube was complaining in the FD scale Vehicles 13 thread that two of my drawings appear in the JPEG format. Both drawings were done in the PNG format in Paint.net as prescribed by paragraph 8 of the Shipbucket Style Guide & Standards Manual, and both images were uploaded as such in DeviantArt and the FD scale Vehicles 13 thread. However, now they appear as JPEG images as eswube has correctly noted. As a test I am going to load the same two images to see if the same thing happens.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then eswube complained that there was too much shading in the following drawing, especially on the tarpaulin cover and tyres. When it comes to the tyres, I have used the same tire shading as was used on a drawing of the GTK Boxer by Ro-Po Max. I have used the same aforementioned drawing to develop my own colour palette consisting of 11 shades for each colour. Although it is more than the 5 shades as set out in paragraph 4 of the Shipbucket Style Guide & Standards Manual, I have found that many artists are using a colour palette of more than 5 shades per colour. Is there another Style Guide & Standards Manual for FD Scale Drawings I am not aware of?

[ img ]
Good start :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: