Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
laskas
Post subject: KOVICH VON KAZAKHPosted: April 20th, 2023, 1:29 pm
[ img ]

DSRS KOVICH VON KAZAKH (BS-003)
DSRS KOVICH VON KAZAKH is Dhakstan Navy battleship, commisioned in 1972, and will decommisioned in 2024, this ship was cold war era battleship. its get modenisation in 2001. this ship actualy designed in 1949 , become the first battleship Designed for Dhakstan Navy after WW II.
after the commisioned, its get some upgrade. the ship attached some USN AA that buyed by DN in 1975, then in 2001, this ship was modernisazed and gived some radars and new AA system.

[Profile] [Quote]
laskas
Post subject: Re: KOVICH VON KAZAKHPosted: April 20th, 2023, 2:09 pm
ps: actualy this ships is use random attachment bruh...

Last edited by laskas on June 12th, 2023, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: KOVICH VON KAZAKHPosted: April 22nd, 2023, 9:20 am
Welcome to the Shipbucket.
Advice typically given to the newcomers is to start rather with drawing some real-world ship, instead of trying to design their own warships (especially capital ships).
This ship has very low freeboard, especially on the bow, which would be horribly wet.
Armament and sensors come from very different periods and are slapped into various places rather randomly (btw. I don't quite understand that a 1949-designed ship would be built in 1972 without major changes to armament - I can sort-of understand (barely) use of old-style main artillery, but why weren't secondaries updated?) and without deeper logic. Also what You drew uses one palette of colors while armament (taken from sheets) uses another. And whole ship is generally underdetailed - lacking mooring and rescue equipment, more sensors and communications devices and many, many more things that one would expect on a ship this size. :(

(and if You really insist on designing your own battleship, I suggest You start from looking at comparable ships in our archive and think of their overall proportions, design features and the like... http://shipbucket.com/drawings/search?c ... =&drawing= )

[Profile] [Quote]
laskas
Post subject: Re: KOVICH VON KAZAKHPosted: April 25th, 2023, 1:35 pm
Thank You.
1. I actually don't understand how to make an original ship design into a shipbucket scale. but I'm learning how to design "fictional" ships and by the looks of it, it's a bit easier.
2. Basically this design looks "expired", but basically, the design of this ship was inspired by ships like the Iowa class, where World War 2 designs were mixed with modern designs. (but my design is a bit random)
3. for the bow design this is a design I made, called "FLAT BOW DESIGN" (there may be a real version, but I don't know), and this design makes it easier to add something to the bow, but it also makes the ship design look ugly and "less operational".
4. I forgot to add when the ship was built. (Approximately this ship was built in 1953, but due to something, possibly design, this ship was delayed being built.)
5. Some designs also refer to the history of Dhakstan, where this country was a former Russian colony in the 19th century and a German colony in the 20th century until the end of World War 2. This country is also a "semi-communist" country, and this made me design this ship to adopt systems of 3 countries, such as Soviet, German, and American.
6. Indeed, this ship uses German-designed main and secondary armaments (420 mm SK/C 40 triple, and 150 mm SK L/55 C/28 twin) but I want to keep the secondary weapon, because I am also confused about replacing it with something else.
7. I would also like to add other details, such as more rescue tools and mooring devices, but I'm still short on ideas
8. When I drew this, I didn't use the shipbucket palette yet, and I will use it in the future.

I will update this art, but maybe in the long term, due to my unfinished school work plus I'm getting ready for school after the holidays.

Thanks for reply and read :D

Last edited by laskas on June 12th, 2023, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Torpid_Hunter
Post subject: Re: KOVICH VON KAZAKHPosted: April 25th, 2023, 2:50 pm
Very nice. I agree with Ace that doing a real ship that is similar to what you want to draw, will help you greatly. Perhaps not even drawing one, modifying an existing one, would probably also do some good in the way of understanding and such. Drawing a ship of this size off the bat is a herculean task, so it may be wise to do a smaller ship, like a corvette or destroyer event. In the way of detailing, as Ace said, it is rather sparse and at places nonsensical but that's alright. I strongly suggest you look at similar vehicles for the placement of things like portholes/weapon systems among a myriad of other things. Also, don't be afraid to ask the knowledgeable folk here for help and information--, they can provide incredibly valuable insight that can help you to improve.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: