Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
Tomahawk
Post subject: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:55 pm
Hello,
This is my first Creation, a Destroyer of the fictional Niedersachsen Class of the German Navy. I know, it looks a bit similar to the Sachsen Class, but thats one of my favourite Ships, so i thought a bit of the Sachsen when i made this.
[ img ]

I'm Gemran, so my English isn't perfect ;)
Greetings, Alex

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 8:01 pm
I suppose you used the same radars as the sachsen class? then I suggest you use the newest APAR and SMART-L drawings.... the early APAR concept you used is already drawn as well. pm me if you can't find those.

few points and questions:
- 8 harpoons is enough for modern warships. the 16 you have now is a bit on the 'too much' side.
- may I ask why you have used an US made main gun? germany uses OTO melara's or own designed guns most of the time, so....
- the NH-90 you put on is an old drawing. look in the planebucket thread for the newest ones. I don't know if the german livery is made already though.
- some of your parts are kinda 'cut off'. for example your bow, APAR and main gun.
- detailing is the key word for this ship. look at other german ships already drawn to see what I mean.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Keep at it, you'll get there soon enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tomahawk
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Okay, then i'll remove one pair harpoon launchers. I used the Us gun because the German Navy thinks that their Oto melaras are too small and they want other guns now for Examina for the 125 frigates. That a few Things were cutt off i only haven't Seen until now, i thin it Happend As put the Ship in the Template. A few Details i'll add soon, the Ship isnt finished.

Heerfolge alex

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 8:25 pm
well, the 125 frigates will get the Oto 127.... twice the size of the 76, and the same size as the USA one. so that's not an good reason why you should pick that one ;)
look at my other points as well. it looks promising (reminds me of my own first drawings... omg so much changed since then XD) but there is still an long way to go. keep working and improving, and you might find yourself 'there', as kladgsf put it :P

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 7th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Wilkommen! I like the general design of the ship. Could do with more draught though. And the windows are the wrong colour.

Can't wait to see it finished!

[Profile] [Quote]
Tomahawk
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:14 pm
Hi,
Here is the Update. I've corrected most Mistakes(except of the Helicopter :roll: and I've added a few details[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:16 pm
still the wrong APAR and SMART-L. you'll need the ones on here:
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz22 ... search.png
btw, why the midships mast?
few other comments are coming, I have no time right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:33 pm
The bridge windows look a bit large. The bridge in general looks kinda unshaded and unshaped. Also, you have room on your mast to put that nav radar, why not do it? It'd probably get a better picture up higher. Also, the rear RHIB thing is kind of wat, especially with the four side RHIBs. The bow bulge looks really pointy too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tomahawk
Post subject: Re: Nidersachsen ClassPosted: May 8th, 2011, 7:53 pm
The Last Update for the next few Days, i hope the Radars are now correct. ANd the Windows are smaller now and I've changed the Bridge a bit. [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: