Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 2:24 am
CATZ wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
CATZ wrote:
Which uses polyvinyl chloride with a carbon fibre and vinyl laminate.
I have to wonder if you understand what that even means.
It's a thermoplastic polymer.
Yeah. Sure. So are a lot of things.

Do you know what the most common uses of polyvinyl chloride and vinyl laminate are? Without even looking them up on Wikipedia?

I'll give you a hint: you come into contact with or indirectly use these products on an hourly basis.

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 2:52 am
Quote:
Yeah. Sure. So are a lot of things.

Do you know what the most common uses of polyvinyl chloride and vinyl laminate are? Without even looking them up on Wikipedia?

I'll give you a hint: you come into contact with or indirectly use these products on an hourly basis.
You know, Wikipedia isn't the only one that has the answer to that. There's actually an entire video about it on youtube.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpUM2JC4WM

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 6:36 am
A mediocre video proving you have no logic behind your point is your latest peice of "evidence"?

And just because I can, PVC piping and laminate flooring

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 6:58 am
Carnac wrote:
A mediocre video proving you have no logic behind your point is your latest peice of "evidence"?

You misspelt piece. And he's just mucking up my thread, burying more important pages & posts.

And what point is there? There is no point since I never made a point in the first place, thus logic has nothing to do with it. It is afterall, a thermoplastic polymer.

As for what it is, it could be a variety of things. And since he pointed out that the answer can be found on Wikipedia, he more or less made the whole post pointless in the first place, afterall even if I answered correctly, he could just claim I looked it up on Wikipedia. In other words, he's just trying to get a rise out of me. A.k.a, a process known as trolling.

Besides, it's used in all sorts of things that people come into contact with on a daily basis, none of which have anything to do with it's use in my design. Except maybe for the plumbing. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 7:44 am
Carnac wrote:
Thank you (though in both cases it's more than just piping and flooring; really the uses are multitude from toys to car upholstery to structural uses)

My whole point being in that it's one thing to be aware of what a material is; it's another thing to understand it, and understand its limitations. And that CATZ doesn't seem to understand that radar-absorbant material isn't a magical substance you can just slather on to anything in order to make stealthy; if that were true, the F-22 would have a much more aerodynamically refined shape rather than the radar-evading shape it has now.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 11:01 am
This thread and others relating to the same subject matter are starting to piss us (that is, the moderators) off. All participants might take a minute off and think carefully about what that means for their immediate future.

[Profile] [Quote]
CATZ
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 5:42 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
This thread and others relating to the same subject matter are starting to piss us (that is, the moderators) off. All participants might take a minute off and think carefully about what that means for their immediate future.
Alright, I think the moderators have made their opinions quite clear.

I'm officially closing this thread, and bowing out due to pressure from the censors so to speak (not a snipe aimed at anyone). I think we all had time to voice our opinions on the subject, and it's time for the subject to be laid to rest.

Thanks for everyone who participated, it really helped improve the drawing itself over the course of the thread.

Thxs.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Advanced Battleship (BBN)Posted: June 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm
CATZ wrote:
MihoshiK wrote:
Alright, I think the moderators have made their opinions quite clear.

I'm officially closing this thread, and bowing out due to pressure from the censors so to speak (not a snipe aimed at anyone). I think we all had time to voice our opinions on the subject, and it's time for the subject to be laid to rest.

Thanks for everyone who participated, it really helped improve the drawing itself over the course of the thread.

Thxs.
There is no need to step out (just yet). But everybody, keep it civil, and remember that this his first ever drawing posted here. Yeah, it's wish fulfillment, but there is no reason to go overboard with the discussion and debating either. I don't think any of you want to see my first drawings.

But you would all do better if you'd try to put your attention to actually existing ships and/or proposed designs. ALL of you, artists AND peanut gallery.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 12  [ 118 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12

Jump to: