Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
KillerGuppi
Post subject: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 5:54 pm
Okay, so this is my first attempt on drawing a Shipbucket scale ship. It is the Vidar class Minelayers of the Royal Norwegian navy.
Keep in mind that there are not so many pictures or of this ship and that it is drawn with the help of about 5 different pictures that are VERY small. Anyways, i am note sure if i nailed the shading or if the picture got uploadded properly( :? ), but i guess you will let me know if i did something wrong. :)

[ img ]

(edited)

Last edited by KillerGuppi on June 23rd, 2011, 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 6:09 pm
Really nice KillerGuppi :) The only points I'd querie is the ships numbering - it looks a bit odd, and the shading under the bridge is too wide (in pixel terms). But if this is a first posting I stand in admiration for the result!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 6:11 pm
PB noted the points I wanted to note, so I can only say: good work, and welcome to the bucket. btw, the mast looks kinda empty, isn't there more equipment over there?

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 6:39 pm
Edited the drawing: Made the shading underneath the bridge 1 pixel thinner, changed the pennant, i also added some things to the mast, but in reality it is kinda bland...

Thank you for your comments and kind words. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 6:41 pm
it looks very good now, apart from the shading: shipbucket standard is one pixel shading. 2-toned shading is allowed though. both are described here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 7:01 pm
Edited with the required shading.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 7:43 pm
It looks too far forwards.

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 8:56 pm
Carnac wrote:
It looks too far forwards.
What do you mean?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 9:09 pm
He means the stern does not match up to the scale(14 px from the lefthand side).

Other than that and the other points raised, amazing effort! If this is your first ship, I can imagine good things are too come

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
KillerGuppi
Post subject: Re: First Drawing: Vidar class MinelayerPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 9:27 pm
Rodondo wrote:
He means the stern does not match up to the scale(14 px from the lefthand side).

Other than that and the other points raised, amazing effort! If this is your first ship, I can imagine good things are too come
Oh, i must have forgot to put it back in position after the last edit ( :? ), it wil be fixed tomorrow. I am thinking about what ships i would like to reserve for a work list, but definately most of the Norwegian ships that HeuHen hasn't drawn.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: