Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
gordo8000
Post subject: CVN-78 Ronald ReaganPosted: July 19th, 2011, 3:39 am
This is not my first post on this site, however it is my first post involving a ship drawing. This is kinda my own work. The original ship was the CVX-3C, drawn by acelanceloet. Its really just a hodge-podge of different parts from all kinds of different ships and parts sheets.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVN-78 Ronald ReaganPosted: July 19th, 2011, 9:25 am
first of all: you have huge amounts of CIWS, you have no liferafts, and you have placed elevators on an postioon where they won't fit. the foremost azipod won't work that way, and the bridge structure has radars you already have on the hull. your anchor will slam into your bulbous bow, and you have removed 60% of the flight deck (there is an lower deck next to the main deck, you have removed this...... now you have left one single straight landing ramp with 2 catapults on it. so many bow thrusters are not an good idea, better have 1-2 big ones.

simply said: I would not use this ship as an base, and I would recommend to search for an different approach on an carrier. the CVX-3 design was unique, and it is unique because it is not an very good design. an conventional layout would be much better, as the stealth is gone on your design already.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: CVN-78 Ronald ReaganPosted: July 19th, 2011, 3:02 pm
May I add the CIWS need to be seperated more for better coverage plus you have three types.
Remove the machine guns from the flight deck but the ones on the lower decks are ok. Eliminate the Harpoons you're aircraft make a better anti-ship platform. You're elevators do not go all the way down to the hanger deck. I don't remember seeing a naval ship with a ladder mounted on the side of the ship, possibly because it invites unwanted guests. The island needs radars fore and aft faces and more styling. Remember stealth is good but CO's like stand out on the bridge wings to eyeball the situation from time to time.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: CVN-78 Ronald ReaganPosted: July 19th, 2011, 3:25 pm
actually 2 types of CIWS, the stealth mounting is an AU OTO Melara Marlin Stealth mount, by spoilt IIRC.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: