One most XP/Vista/7 Systems you have two options:
- Turn off Clear Type
- Google is your friend here. NOTE: It will effect the way system fonts are drawn, and thus your system will look uglier than before
- Use a Program like Paint.NET instead.
- It offers the ability to turn off text smoothing on a case by case basis.
- It has layer support.
- It has transparency support.
- If you use Windows programs such as Paint or Paint.NET, the text sizes are not what is listed.
- Large Text is size 10
- Small Text is size 7.5