Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Cadet/Gunnery Training Cruiser (De Moines Mod) Incomplete.Posted: August 30th, 2010, 11:57 am
[ img ]

This is incomplete, I'll put my name on it when I'm done. I know there are still graphics related issues to fix; I'll be fixing them for the next few days. My interest is in how plausible the armament layout of this vessel is. I'm wondering if I shouldn't replace the side mounted 127mm with the OTO 76mm. I'm still working on gun and missile options for defense, so input would be welcome there.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Cadet/Gunnery Training Cruiser (De Moines Mod) IncompletPosted: September 4th, 2010, 1:17 am
reset your image hosting upload size to whatever the maximum is on the site you're using. Then your image will be displayed at proper size.

I'm assuming this ship, based on the flag, is no longer in US Service? If she is, then the 5" secondaries (if upgraded) should be either Mk. 42 or Mk. 45s, or you could use the Mk. 75. And rather than Dardo, I would think a US version would use Phalanx. Hood did a very good modernized version of this class for his Cold War AU, that I am contemplating using for Tequilapoli.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: