Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:27 am
APDAF wrote:
Are you shore?
They have V.A.T.S in fallout 3.
Which can't work without microchips.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:29 am
The have also no trasisters.

They use valves in Fallout.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:31 am
APDAF wrote:
The have also no trasisters.

They use valves in Fallout.
Yet they have tv, which doesn't work without transistors.
As you can see FallOuts tech isn't exactly logical and works essentially on the rule of cool and as such makes a poor foundation discussing a ships equipment.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:32 am
Maybe they do since they have items like the PIP-Boy, Tesla Cannon, Mesmetron, Plasma Cannon. Not to mention the various robots in the game. They must have had a way to make things work, because Rivet City in Fallout 3 is at least a late 50's Aircraft Carrier. Thiel brings up a good point with my radar though. It can definately use some revision.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:32 am
A 50's TV is a CRT.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:34 am
Herr_Weisredau wrote:
Yeah, the reason I have the optical directors is because originally I had her equipped with 9 12in guns. Guess I forgot to take them off. Ill get rid of the radar directors, and cut down on the air search radar. The reason for the Osprey-like Vertibirds is the fact that they are the only helicopter in the Fallout game. Ill get rid of the vehicle deck as well. Can you recommend a good radar for detecting surface ships?
Depends on what you want the ship to do and what level of tech you think it should have.
Personally I'd go for the 1950ies, so I'd steal the setup from the closest equivalent that has already been drawn. So in this case one of the early guided missile cruisers of the USN would seem the obvious choice.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:37 am
Herr_Weisredau wrote:
They must have had a way to make things work, because Rivet City in Fallout 3 is at least a late 50's Aircraft Carrier. Thiel brings up a good point with my radar though. It can definately use some revision.
Maybe they do since they have items like the PIP-Boy, Tesla Cannon, Mesmetron, Plasma Cannon. Not to mention the various robots in the game. They must have had a way to make things work, because Rivet City in Fallout 3 is at least a late 50's Aircraft Carrier. Thiel brings up a good point with my radar though. It can definately use some revision.
You can use 50'-60' equipment, P-80 as fighters ect: Fallout is like game version of Popular Science. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:38 am
Okay thanks I'll get started on that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:38 am
Rhade wrote:
Herr_Weisredau wrote:
They must have had a way to make things work, because Rivet City in Fallout 3 is at least a late 50's Aircraft Carrier. Thiel brings up a good point with my radar though. It can definately use some revision.
You can use 50'-60' equipment, P-80 as fighters ect: Fallout is like game version of Popular Science. ;)
This, very much this.
Break out the submarine carrier! Oh wait, the USN actually did propose one of those.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:53 am
Let me know if I'm getting warmer or colder. I took a few sensors off of the the USS Albany

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: