Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:57 am
You're still launching your standards from Armoured Box Launchers. Those are for Tomahawks, and only Tomahawks.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:01 am
well, a lot of the stuff you have on isn't going to work. you have 3 kinds of search radar, an tomahawk launcher that fires standard missiles (?), directors between your masts without anything to guide, and the goalkeeper II which was an 2000+ AU design...... simply said, it is easier to start over with this then to correct everything that is wrong, IMO.

EDIT: sniped by Thiel on the ABL.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:03 am
Use laser turret for CIWS: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Automated_turret

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:19 am
You may be right. Ill try to keep the hull and superstructure since it took me awhile to get it put together. Im more of a propulsion expert with ships than I am with weapons and sensors. I kind of ended up slapping on any radar that I thought looked cool. I want this design to look nice, but also be functional.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:20 am
sorry to say, but IMO the propulsion isn't in such an good shape either.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:23 am
Any advice for that then?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:28 am
well, you enlarged the ship, so you need something larger then the original kirov's ..... and the powerplant might need to be bigger too, but I am not too sure of that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:32 am
If you mean a higher power output, I don't think you can really show that on the outside. An extra stack wouldn't really serve any purpose since the Kirov's are nuclear powered. If you mean an extra shaft or two, then I can add that.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:35 am
at least you need bigger props, or indeed extra shafts (depends on the fact if you changed the beam)
and you can see from the outside where the reactors are because they need space that can be opened on top of them... for refueling. I have no idea how exactly this is arranged on the kirov, but I know the ship will have an different powerplant and/or propulsion train then the original kirov.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fictional)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 9:36 am
Maybe lengthen the area for engine space to accommodate a larger/more powerful reactor?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 55 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: