Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: August 30th, 2010, 11:57 pm
Canadai wrote:
You may want to move your forward cannon down one pixel, double black lines are generally frowned upon when avoidable and it looks better overall.
Though in this case Canadai is right.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 1:53 pm
After long silence on this post, here is 2nd attempt for Multi Purpose Corvette. As earlier, it has been inspired by many great designs here. But simply:would it float and shoot?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 2:11 pm
The times new roman font is not that good on pennant numbers in shipbucket.
Otherwise this is great improvement of the idea. The lynx helicopter migth be a bit overkill, taken that little nation like Finland, allready fielding the NH90 migth not need seperate few examples of helicopters for naval purposes solely. Then again, NH90 is considerably larger thing to be fitted on such small ship...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 2:53 pm
also, as far as I know, you dont need that little radar at the back with the I-mast. it is ether the one or the other. it might be needed to consider an smaller version of the I mast as well, but this one looks good on the ship and you can keep it, if you want to.

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 4:02 pm
Ok, thanks again for feedback. Now pennant number and extra radar fixed; somehow I thought that Aster would need that. I agree that NH 90 would be better choice for this, at least from maintenance point of view, but as you said it don't fit here.
Yet, considering that we should replace all minelayers and Rauma-class with this kind of ship (3-4?) the number of helicopters should be at least 5-7. Apparently that is in the edge of cost effective maintenance? Of course, if the Navy buyes my trimaran FAC, they need less of these 8-)
But to be serious, what might be unit prize of corvette this size? Could it be somewhere 200milj. €?

Last edited by sebu on October 15th, 2010, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 5:55 pm
My only criticism with your design, is the placement of the SSM. As it is when placed athwartship (across the ship) you greatly intefere with the uptakes and air-intakes for the engines.
Otherwise I believe is a good looking and nicely drawn.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 14th, 2010, 6:13 pm
indeed, the ssm isn't placed that well. the solution might be simple though, by just selecting an VLS launched one ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 15th, 2010, 2:53 pm
SSM moved forward; hopefully there is still enough room for the crew.
Aster 30 might look too heavy for this kind of ship and ESSM/similar could be better choice. Yet, I'll have justification for that (as I'm wandering in grey zone between AU and real life): Since Finland chose NASAMS system to replace russian SA-11 for the army instead of Aster, we don't have long range SAMs at all. Two vessels like this anchored at harbours of Helsinki and Turku would offer umbrella for appr. 30% of our population and industry. So in this case our Navy could "save" us.
I'm not totally sure of compatibility of Aster and this size of I-mast, however. I assume that this could carry 16-24 Asters, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 19th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Here is one more for this post. This is derivation from DCNS's concept frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Multi Purpose Corvette 2020Posted: October 19th, 2010, 6:20 pm
sebu wrote:
Here is one more for this post. This is derivation from DCNS's concept frigate.
Very interesting design
Waiting that you refine the concept !
(more details & so)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: