Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 6  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 1:25 am
Here is the new version. There are a lot of plain areas that I would like to be filled so help is greatly appreciated.
I took away most of the guns and gave the ship RAM missles and a larger AEGIS weapon system. I also took away the Harpoons and I do not know what to so with that large empty space.
I also rearranged the weapons that I kept and gave the Helo an above deck hangar.
Should I give it any more weapons?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 2:27 am
Better, but check the angles of your SPY-radar plates! They're not aligned with the angle of the structures they're mounted on. That makes it look very unbalanced and ungainly. Also. Why overload the hull with weapon systems, if that's what you intended to use "that large empty space" for! Better focus on seaworthiness, endurance and sea-keeping in my opinion. Also, the RAM just beneath your bridge looks perilously ill placed! - Almost like an afterthought! My suggestion is to elongate the superstructure forward of the bridge a few meters and gain the RAM a better position, also farther away from the actual superstructure. Also, what with the odd, spurious looking deck structure? The appaears to be one 'half-deck' sandwiched between 02-deck and compass-platform-Helo-deck. Unless you intend to have your poor sailors break their back transiting this strange deck space, remove it or raise it to normal deck-height! Otherwise it'll just be a colossal waste of space and tonnage. And lastly, but certainly not least important! Where are your deck and mooring gears? Where's the anchor? Is there a bow anchor? Scouppers? Vents for the maschinery (engine intakes, air vents). Also you may want to look into how your entire superstructure will appear when seen from above. As it is now, there appear to be no angles or bends anywhere - just a square or rectangular slab! And that brings up the issue of shading! Please review that matter too!

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 3:25 am
I think that what I might do is take the superstructure of a Burke and find some way of plunking it on the ship. I think that would work. Although I do like the original ship design slightly more because it seems. Like a mix of modern and old ship design. You know with the large hull and the boxish superstructure and the bean guns. I hope that I will be able to make a hybrid between the future perfect modern one and the original version. And then I will use it as a template for a bunch of other ships similar.

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:45 am
Ok here is a new version using the old Burke 3 superstructure in the original pluto hull.
I have also taken away the aft MRLS(this is an AAW ship I should only have one if any!)
I will not be the one to do the shading because I am very bad at it so can someone else do it please.
I do have a questions about propulsion though. Will the nuclear reactor need a vent/smokestack or will a small vent suffice. I look forward to hearing feedback and to seeing a shaded ship.
I think this ship could classify also as a "Mega-Burke"

Last edited by SINJOORTJE on August 25th, 2011, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:47 am
You've erased some of the scale measurements and your crediting is odd

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:50 am
How is the crediting odd?Good point about the measurements. I never saw that, nor the stay harpoon. Thanks!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:55 am
Usually its, (BlueEagle, Mihoshik & SINJOORTJE)

Also there is lack of equipment on the fore deck, might want to toss in anchors, winches and such

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 5:00 am
I see...
I am really starting to like this ship. It looks so cool compared to the old ones!
All I really want to do now with it is make it pre VLS. With like MK. 26s and ABLs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 5:04 am
Someone else will have to guide you on the missiles, I have little idea of them

[Profile] [Quote]
SINJOORTJE
Post subject: Re: Look I'm sort a new so here are some stuff i didPosted: August 25th, 2011, 5:10 am
Do you think that this ship should be nuclear of conventional or a mix? I will personally say that I want it to be a mix like the Kirovs.
And if so, then what should it be classified? CBG, CBGN, or BCG, BCGN?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 6  [ 56 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: